viii. the plan to steal

Start from the beginning

The Thomas girl groans when she finds herself in the ground, her back right on the cold ground aching in pain since it is what broke her fall. Lizette gasps in alertness and bends down beside her in worry. "Are you alright? Oh, I knew we shouldn't have done that!" Lizette frowns, her hands parting Venus's curls to the side.

Venus stays in the ground with her eyes closed for a few seconds before she begins laughing. "I wish someone took a photograph of that— did I make a face? I feel like I made a face," she questions curiously, slowly getting herself into a sitting position.

Lizette rolls her eyes gently and helps her up, a slow smile regaining on her face. "Yes, you made a face," she agrees, letting out a small giggle with her friend. Venus smiles triumphantly before fixing herself up to look as before and locking her arms with her.

The two girls walk around the area together until they met up Tiberius— who bought flowers for Lizette and cue the blush appearing in her cheeks. Venus, that always notice their obvious 'dance' around each other, slips away from their view and finds Seamus along the way.

"I bet you three galleons they will get together before Christmas," Venus smirks, holding out her hand to complete the bet with Seamus. Her friend raises an eyebrow at the obvious challenge before exclaiming, "You're on, V. May the best win."

Venus drags Seamus into one of the music-styled shops and brightens up. She raises an eyebrow interestingly before her ears perk up when she hears, "Revivo, what light joke have you got for us today?"

Her mouth opens in shock and she grasps Seamus's arms while pulling him closer to the radio. She recognizes that voice! After listening to it for five whole years at Hogwarts,  she knows it is the one and only, Lee Jordan! Seamus seems to recognize the voice as well as he shares a look with her of surprise.

"Ah, well," another familiar voice enters their ears, "We've heard Hogwarts had got into some bouncy situation! I do hope they restock in all their carrot supplies soon."

Venus grins widely at the pun one of the Weasley twins made. She is not sure which one, but either way, she knows they are referring to the little stunt she pulled a while back. It took forever for the rabbits to disappear seeing as Professor McGonagall made everyone else think she had no clue where the source of real rabbit was (despite Venus knowing for sure that the rabbit was at her room most likely being fed). Lasted for a good three days before she made them disappear.

She gasps when realizing this means that the twins and Lee have created some sort of... radio? Venus recalls sending them a letter of how her prank went and they seemed pretty enthusiastic with the results claiming they see nothing but big things in her 'pranks'. Quite honestly, it is an honor being praised by them! She never felt the surge of happiness pass through her as she usually just admired their pranks, but to be the one conducting them? Brilliant! Venus takes a few steps forward toward the employee.

"How much for that radio? Or any like it with that station?" Venus questions excitedly, her eyebrow raised curiously while she is jittery in her place across from him. The man stares at her in surprise before he holds up his finger to indicate for her to wait. She does as told and watches as he head down the path to grab another radio.

The man glances around the store suspiciously before he lowers his voice and whispers, "This station is meant to be a secret. Listen closely toward the end to hear the password for the next one."