i. hogwarts notice

CHAPTER ONE:
( hogwarts notice )

CHAPTER ONE:( hogwarts notice )

▂✫⌒*・゚

PEOPLE ALWAYS ASKS: HOW one can still be happy even with everything going on? Venus's secret to this attitude is to 'fake it till you make it'. Easier answer? Pretend. Sure, she did not want to go back to Hogwarts and instead go on the run like her dearest cousin, Dean Thomas. However, what else can she do other than run? If there was something about Venus Thomas is that she absolutely does not run away from problems. And you know, that is a total Gryffindor move to do but she took pride in that fact! Since a kid she always found herself in the messiest and riskiest situations that deemed themselves in a question of 'how did you even get yourself in this mess?'. The hows were always unexplainable (for example, one time she climbed up a tree and then somehow flew up to a lamppost without realizing it and then just simply jumped off rather than yelling for help). Admittedly, possibly heading to her death is completely different than doing the unusual, but her mind could not help and feel for the first-years who will have to suffer not knowing that Hogwarts is meant to be a safe place filled with making memories instead of fear.

There's a feeling in her system that tells her it is likely Harry Potter and his two best friends (okay, Hermione Granger definitely is not attending since muggleborns are forbidden) were not returning for their last school year. And with that fact getting over her head, Venus knew exactly what to do: become a symbol of hope to her classmates and encourage them to continue being on Harry's side (even if it's on secret).

Though, her parents did not seem to happy about this fact.

"Venus, you cannot return. It is too dangerous," Holden Thomas, her wizard father who used to be respected by the Ministry except it was now overrun with Death Eaters, claims strictly. Before they had took over, however, her father luckily resigned and fled from their view before any Death Eaters figure out that he married a squib. Her mother sat quietly in the other end of the table, listening to the two wizards speak to one another. Although she identified herself as a squib (mostly growing up as a muggle with two wizard parents), the woman still knew about the war and how deadly it could be.

The young girl frowns at his statement knowing this response had been coming. She did not like it, but she knew why. Her parents cared too much about her and this was their way of trying to keep her safe. Hiding in the midst of war. Venus knew their demand is fair— except she knows she has to do this. Dangerous or not, the girl felt it necessary.

"Dad, I know I can be a pretty handful person who has been irresponsible for majority of her life—"

"Honey, I never said that—"