Harlowe's mini spinoff

Start from the beginning

"And yet I chose you..." you always thought that she sounded like a hyena when she laughs.

No one can tell that you're Harlowe's significant other. Why? First of all, you dress like an old librarian. Your personality is the complete opposite of the blonde, no one even expects that you liked 'it' rough.

As for Harlowe, she only owns a few set of clothes. A few pairs of cargo pants, a few, white tanktops, two plaid shirts and a pair of black, platform shoes.

Numerous tattoos covered her skin, she has some piercings on her face too. On her eyebrows and on her bottom lip, it was an interesting experience when it comes to intimate touching.

"Baby, I was thinking, we've been dating for like... I dunno, months? Almost a year, maybe." You nodded, signalling her to go on.

"Don'tcha think it's time for you to move in with me?" Harlowe asked, you almost spat your food out.

"Do I need to?" You countered. Her smile faltered.

"...don't ya wanna spend more time with me?" You gulped.

"Hey, don't get the wrong idea. I love you, but um." You scratched the back of your neck.

"I'm not ready to leave my home yet." You chuckled nervously, hopefully she'll take the bait and drop the conversation.

"Oh, okay! I'll just move in with you then—"

"No!" You shot up from your seat.

The atmosphere in her tattoo parlor became uncomfortable. Her green eyes stared at you with shock and a little bit of heartbreak.

You sighed and sat back down, her eyes never leaving your form.

"...what's wrong, baby?" She cooed, caressing your cheek with the back of her hand.

"Listen, Harlowe. I love you, I really do. But... we are kinda... going too fast here." She widened her eyes in disbelief, too fast? But both of you are together for almost a year now. She slept with you numerous times, she even did your chores for you at times. What's wrong? Why are you so hesitant about this?

"I'm not ready to be... chained down like that." You continued. That felt like a dagger to her heart, that hurts! What do you mean by 'chained down'? Don't you enjoy being with her? It's not that Harlowe is asking you to marry her—

The blonde's face twisted in despair. If you see her moving in with you as being 'chained down', how will you react to her proposing marriage to you? Will you say no? Will you break up with her?

She rather not think about that yet.

Harlowe opened her mouth to argue, however... knowing that you're terrible at dealing with conflict...

The blonde decided to stay quiet. This isn't worth a fight, she'll just need to wait for you.

She knew that once she upsets you, you would block her on every single mean of communication, ignore her existence and stop making eye contact until you feel better.

No matter how big or small the issue is, you would follow the same procedure. Harlowe would have to 'hunt' you down and beg on her knees for forgiveness. Maybe spend a couple hundred dollars on apology gifts too.

She knew that although you 'forgive' you never forget. You hold deep grudges.

"...Okay, I understand. Sorry for bringing that up..." she muttered. Being ignored by you is extremely painful, she would rather not go through that.

"I love you too, baby." She brought your hand to her lips. You  nodded and looked the other way.

Truth to be told, you didn't want her to move in with you because she can be overbearing at times, smothering you with too much love, too much attention. You don't like that, you need some time to recharge— hence you would occasionally ignore her completely.

Harlowe would always treat it like the end of the damn world, bawling her eyes out, scratching your front door like a feral animal, leaving you excessive calls and text messages. Of course, who wouldn't block her?

She even went so far to break into your house at three in the morning just so that she could bow down to you and plead for forgiveness.

You didn't really like how she would revolve her entire life around yours. You heard from your friends and some customers that she only talks about how great you are. Nothing else.

When they try to change the subject, she would somehow make it all about you. Harlowe would get violent at people who insults you, she doesn't care about criminal records as she have a twin sister that can easily clear her name through 'friends'.

It's creepy, you remembered secretly going through her phone once.

You regretted it as you found gigabytes and gigabytes of '(y/n)' content on it. Her wallpaper is a picture of you, her picture gallery is filled to the brim with your photos, her notes contains information about you. It's all you, you, you.

You won't be surprised if she actually has a shrine of you hidden in her 'DIY' doomsday bunker next to her trailer home.

You took note that she has multiple tattoos of your name on her skin. Luckily there are no tattoos of your face as you didn't allow it.

Both of you ate your lunch in silence after that exchange. Harlowe desperately held onto your hand, praying that you won't ignore her later.

______________________________________________
A/n:

You have reached the end of my book, Blind Date! If you liked it, please do check out my other books too! (And the sequel to Blind Date is out!)

List of Microwaveness's other books

•picky friend hunter (PFH)

• Behind The Camera (BTC)

•A Bouquet Of Red Flowers Just For You (ABORFJFY)

•Teleported To Another World (TTAW) [be sure to read the warnings!]

•Life After That Blind Date (LATBD) [Sequel to Blind Date!]

•I Changed For You (ICFY)

•Together At Last, At Twilight Time (TALATT)

•Blind Date [COMPLETED]

•You Interest Me (YIM)

•Golden [rewrite]

•Word Of God (WOG)

•Screw It

•Ignorance Is Bliss (IIB) [be sure to read the warnings!]

•Bloody Bullet [rewrite]

•A Book Where I Can Do Whatever The Hell I Want (ABWICDWTHIW)

Thank you all for the support, fanarts, votes and comments on Blind Date. See yall in the next book! (If ya want😳👉👈)