two

September 5, 2008

"Louis! Wait up!"

Louis groaned as Harry sped towards him, pulling his pastel pink bag over his shoulders. He halted at his locker and watched as the tall boy harshly shoved his papers into his locker. Louis held in a smirk as Harry dropped his phone and then tripped over his bag that was now residing on the floor.

He decided that he could slip away unnoticed and escape from any conversation, then he collided with a pair of people. This time Louis tried not to gag as the couple was connected at the lips. He rolled his eyes and stepped around them, only to have his arm seized from behind.

"Hey, wait for me!"

Harry let go of his arm and bumped Louis' shoulder, further aggravating the tiny man. He picked up his pace, but Harry matched his speed.

"What do you want?"

"A hairless cat! I'd call it Tibalt and everything!"

Louis was tempted to change schools then and there. This new kid was rapidly getting on his nerves, and he just wanted to go home.

"I was hoping to get your number! Since we're science partners and everything."

"I think not. I don't exactly like you."

"Well then, let's make you like me. Tomorrow I'll sit with you at lunch. We can get to know each other!"

"I already know too much about you," Louis started, pausing to push open the green entrance doors, "I'd rather limit our conversations to science class."

Harry shook his head and grabbed Louis' arm again. The latter pulled it out of Harry's grasp and watched him scribble something onto a torn piece of paper. He handed it to Louis and flashed another cheeky grin his way.

"Text me!"

Louis should have thrown the paper away. Perhaps the simple gesture would have saved him from a world of pain in the future, but he saw something beneath Harry's confident exterior. He saw a timid boy that simply wanted a friend. So he pocketed the paper. He let his guard down for a second and would come to regret it in the upcoming future.