Chapter II

"We have a new student joining us this year!" My Chemistry professor announced it like it was the most exciting thing that had happened in the history of the town. Which when I thought about was very possible and fairly likely. This caught my attention but wasn't enough to stop me from blasting a paper/spit/glue projectile into Jessica Symmon's hair. The latter already had four stuck in her mane, and had not the slightest clue. The professor rambled on and proceeded to interrogate her new victim. "This is..." She stopped and he continued. "Calyx. Calyx Harrison".

His voice was rough but gentle and had a certain melodic component to it. I looked up, and found his steely grey eyes trained on me, narrowed. And my, he was quite something. His blonde hair was almost white, his skin pale and he was well built. He pulled off the look effortlessly, and I could sense I wasn't the only one enraptured by him. But of course, just my luck, the most gorgeous person I had ever seen and would probably ever live to see was a complete cretin. "Girls at home just call me...Gorgeous." Then he winked at me. Winked at me! The nerve! Being me, I wasn't about to let him come in and think he could wink at me, so I flipped him off. I tried to be discrete. Well no I didn't, and his face instantly flushed. That was reward enough, and I flashed him a charming smile. He scowled back, and with just the hint of a smile dancing on my lips I winked at him. 1-1 sucker I mouthed.