Chapter 80: Victory Royales All Day

I woke up alone in bed. I looked around, but didn't see Midas anywhere. I decided to just get ready for the day and then go find him. I got up from the bed and realised his bookshelf was pulled away from the wall and the door was open.

I walked over to the door and walked down the stairs. As I was getting to the bottom I could see different things all over the floor. His desk was on its side and there were papers and pens all over the place. The picture frame with Jules was on the floor and the glass had shattered.

I looked around, but I still didn't see him anywhere. I lifted his desk up and stood it upright. I began picking up the papers and pens and setting them on his desk. Some of the papers had turn to gold. I had a pile of normal papers and a pile of golden papers. I set the pens back into the jar that they were in.

I heard footsteps coming from the halfway to the left of me. I looked over and they kept getting louder. I eventually heard something crash against the concrete floor. I then saw pieces of something flying across the floor. A few made it next to my feet.

I looked up to see an angered Midas. He stopped walking and just stood there once he saw me. He sighed and looked at the floor. He looked back up at me and walked over to me. He held his arms out and I hugged him.

His breathing became uneasy and I could hear his almost silent sobs that he carried into my neck. My shoulder was slowly getting wet, but I didn't care. Midas was a bit taller than me so he had to lean over to properly hug.

We hugged for a good solid minute before he pulled away. We made eye contact until he glanced down to my shoulder and then back to my eyes.

"I'm sorry for getting you wet, dear" he sighed.
"It's fine, no need to apologize" I replied.
"I need to go get ready for the day though" I told him.
"Ok, I'll be down here, wait did you clean up my mess?" He asked.
"Yeah, but it was nothing" I answered.
"You didn't have to do that"
"I know, but what happened?" I asked.
"I'll explain after you're done getting ready"
"Okay"

I walked over to the stairs and headed up to his room. I went into his closet and didn't know what to wear. I decided to grab my phone and texted the groupchat with all the Agents in it.

Y/n: Hey guys, who wants to run a couple games with me?
TNTina: Mee!
Peely: Sounds like fun, I'm in! 🤩
Skye: Meow and I will
Brutus: I've been craving some action 😈
Maya: I've been wanting to text my new upgrades on my Sub, count me in!
Midas: typing....

Midas kept typing and stopping, then hed amsyart typing again and stop. He did this a couple times before he finally replied.

Midas: What time?
Y/n: How about in an hour?
Midas: Sure
Skye: Works for us!
Peely: Yep!

I decided to wear black leggings with a black crop top that had red roses all over it. I put on my black combat boots and tied them up. I walked into the bathroom and finished getting ready. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I brushed my hair and put it into a ponytail.

When I had finished I heard a door close. I walked into the bedroom to see Midas sliding the bookcase back up against the wall. I walked over to him and messed up his hair. He glared at me and chuckled to himself.

"I spent an hour trying to get my hair to look right" he explained.
"And I just spent 2 seconds and it looks fine, it doesn't have to look perfect all the time" I told him.
"I'll leave it like this then" he smiled.

I nodded and grabbed his hand. We walked out into the hallway to see everyone else leaving their rooms. We all walked together to the simulation room. When we got in there we all grabbed our key cards and scanned them on the scanner. A rift appeared and we all walked in.