Act 4

Author’s Note: Sorry about the wait for Pt. 2 of The New Batman/Scooby-Doo Adventures.  So without further due here’s Pt. 2

ANNOUNCER

Previously on Batman.

We recap scenes of Mayor Nettles becoming Clayface, The Joker with the Anubis Head, Batman fighting Poison Ivy’s plant zombies, and ends with Joker becoming Anubis.

We now open with the New Batman/Superman Adventures opening, then to the opening to Scooby-Doo: Mysteries Inc, as we fade to black.

                                                                                   ACT 4

                                                               WHO LET THE ANUBIS OUT?

We see Batman wrapped up in chains at Joker’s hideout, as he wakes up.  He turns to see Joker/Anubis sitting on a throne, as Harley is dressed like an Egyptian slave girl.

HARLEY

Here’s your Joker Gas, Puddin.

JOKER/ANUBIS

You idiot!  I’m the god of the underworld, not you Mister J!

HARLEY

What do you have planned for Batman?

JOKER/ANUBIS

Oh, the famous Batman.  I have big plans for him. (Laughs) I’m going to send him as a sacrifice to the underworld.

BATMAN

This isn’t your style, Joker.  You’re not even my Joker anymore.

JOKER/ANUBIS

I told you, your Joker is no more, but you could be a great servant to me.

Joker/Anubis fires a blast of energy at Batman, turning him into a mind controlled zombie.  Joker/Anubis frees Batman, as the zombie Dark Knight rose up to his master.

JOKER/ANUBIS

Find me that brat mutt, Scrappy-Doo, and bring him to me.  He was taken by Batgirl during our battle.

BATMAN

Yes, my lord Anubis.

We cut to Jim Gordon’s office, where Mysteries Inc is there talking to him.

JIM GORDON

It’s been hours, and no word from Batman.  I know you kids solve strange cases in that town of yours, but does anyone of you have a solution to this?

FRED

We don’t know, Commissioner.  We haven’t heard from Robin or Nightwing yet.

VELMA

Nor Batgirl.

BATGIRL’S VOICE

I’m here, and I brought a visitor.

Everyone looks to see Batgirl appear out of nowhere, holding a small cage in her hand with Scrappy-Doo inside.

DAPHNE

What’s he doing here?

SCRAPPY

Well, if it isn’t my former teammates, Mysteries Inc.  What brings you losers to Gotham City?

FRED

Scrappy, you tried to kill us!

BATGIRL

What?

VELMA

It’s a long story.  Warner Bros. made a movie about it.

JIM GORDON

I see you all know each other.

SHAGGY

Barely.

SCRAPPY

You can’t do this to me, I’m with the government!

FRED

Yeah, and I’m really Allen M from Josie and the Pussycats.  Cut the crud, Scrappy.

MALE VOICE

He is with the government, Jones.

The gang turns to see a red headed man in a black business suit enter the office.  His name tag says Red Herring with his picture.  Yes, it’s “The” Red Herring from A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.

RED

I see you weenies are still hunting fake ghosts and monsters after all these years.

FRED

Red Herring, is that you?

RED

That’s Agent Red Herring to you, Jones.

DAPHNE

Red, we thought you went to juvenile hall years ago.

RED

I’m a changed man, Daphne.  I’m no longer the punk kid bully anymore, now I help fight crime.

VELMA

Just like on Criminal Minds?

RED

Sure.

FRED

Why’s Scrappy with the government?

RED

Remember all those people you put away?  The FBI started a rehabilitation program to reform villains like Scrappy to catch criminals.

SCRAPPY

I was with the Joker to team-up with him to steal the Anubis Head from Townsville, and to find out his true plan.  And I would have ended that case, if it wasn’t for that meddling Batman.

FRED

We better spilt up to find Batman.

RED

Good idea, Fred.  Velma, Daphne, you, and I with take downtown.  The rest of you take the other half of Gotham.

As the gang go their separate paths, we see Batman and a couple of Joker/Anubis’ mutant henchmen watching on from a rooftop.  Batman smirks as his eyes glow as we fade to black.

TO BE CONTINUED…