"Serves you right! For once someone that can put you and your sharp mouth in place. He is definitely perfect for you." Aisha laughed again. I laughed along with her even though I felt my conscience prick me.

I was falling for the love interest of one of my best friends.

Aisha noticed my silence and looked at me, the smile wiping off her face instantly.

"You suddenly stopped laughing. Why the long face? What's going on in that head of yours?" She asked me and I sighed.

"I think I might be putting myself up for a love triangle if I act on my feelings for Joel." I told her and her forehead creased in confusion.

"What do you mean?" She asked again.

"Ada likes Joel, I like him as well. It's going to get more complicated." I replied and Aisha hummed in response.

"Ada likes guys every six months. What makes this so different?" She asked again.

"The fact that I'm at the centre of this one. Joel told her he wasn't interested and I feel it's because of me. What if at the end of the day, it's not worth it?" Aisha stopped making me up and sighed.

"Zaria, I don't know how to tackle this one so I'm just going to tell you what I think you should do. Follow your heart. It's cute, that you don't want to betray your friend but something like this don't come very often. You don't get to experience an high school romance every time. So if you get the opportunity to experience one, I think you should grab it." She said and I growled.

"This is pretty hard. Way harder than I thought. I was doing just fine without all of these complications in my life." I cried and Aisha chuckled.

"You are a smart girl, Zaria. The smartest I know. You'll think of something. All I know is, though you act self centred sometimes, you have always compromised for your friends." She replied and I whined.

Should I compromise?

Should I not compromise?

This is so hard!

*****

I heaved as sigh as the gateman let me into the large compound. I looked around and saw how neat the environment was and how trimmed the flowers were. As I got closer to the house, I heard laughter and noises coming from inside the house.

I got to the door, took a deep breath and knocked.

"Ma!! There is someone at the door. Please, can you get it?" I heard Joel's deep voice and I automatically smiled. Even his voice does things to me.

"No problem, honey." I heard a female version of his voice with a thick British accent reply.

That is definitely his mum.

I heard foot steps closing in on the door before the door knob turned and a very beautiful woman with dark hair and green eyes, just like Joel's. Her eyes beamed when it met mine and I gave her a big smile in return.

"Good afternoon, ma'am." I said good naturedly.

"Hi! You must be Zaria!" She beamed, all cheery. Her bubbly energy was so contagious, I felt lightheaded immediately.

"Yes, ma'am." I replied.

"It's so nice to finally meet you. Come on in." She stepped away from the door and I went it, amazed at the beautiful interior decorations of the house. My mind picked up something in her statement.

Finally?! Joel talks about me? I smiled at the thought of it.

"Joel's description of you didn't do so much justice. You are way more beautiful than he described." She said as we made our way further into the house. She was smiling so much, I kinda got worried that her cheek would hurt.

"Thank you, ma'am. You are really beautiful too." I replied, nervously playing with my charm bracelet.

"Why, thank you. By the way, enough with the ma'am stuff. It makes me feel old. Just call me Rachael, will you!" She patted me slightly on the hand and smiled. I gave her a nervous smile back.

"Ma, you are making her nervous." Joel's voice came from the stair way and we both looked up, the only difference was that I was suddenly awestruck.

Oh Lord!

Standing in all his glory was Joel in a pair of white singlet and deep blue jeans pants that failed to conceal his toned body. I'd never get used to all of this. His broad chest was outlined through the flimsy material, I suddenly felt the urge to run my fingers against them.

His jeans pants were a little sagged which revealed a little part of his blue boxer shorts. His naturally curled hair looked disheveled and a little sweat ran through his forehead, to his neck and disappeared into singlet. This isn't the first time I'd be seeing him all buffed. But this was the first time I was able to really memorize how he looked.

How can a guy look so damn hot without even trying?

Zaria Omolara Coker! FOCUS!! The last sane voice in my head chided me.

I shook my head and finally listened to their conversation. Joel descended the stairs, his green eyes trained on me all the whole with a lopsided grin playing on his lips. I tried to smiled back because hell, this boy was really affecting me and I loved the way I was feeling.

Chai! Zaria, you are finished! All because of man!

"Hi, Zaria. Glad you could make it." He said and I could have sworn his voice was way deeper than usual and one hundred times sexier. When I couldn't get out a reply, he smiled and took my bag from my hand.

"Don't mind the way he is looking, darling." Rachael started, scowling at Joel who in turn stock out his tongue at her. "The darn lazy boy isn't done with his chores." She added.

"At this time?!" I let out an exaggerated exclaim, looking at Joel with a raised eyebrow. Anything to be on his mum's good side.

"Hey, don't you dare judge me." He pointed his index at me jokingly. "I am trying my best! You women are born with the natural speed for chores." He folded his hands across his broad chest, his biceps bulging out in the process. I inaudibly gulped.

"Ma', please when I am done with studying I will get back to it, I promise." Joel pleaded, pouting his lips and giving Rachael a puppy dog look. Who would actually say no to that adorable face.

"Fine!! You know I can't say no to that face." Rachel smiled and ruffled his already rough hair and I laughed.

"I could also help." I volunteered.

"Thank you so much, darling." She drew me to a hug. "I am beginning to love you even more!" She beamed at me. I looked at Joel and saw admiration in his eyes as he watched us. Rachael released me.

"I need to freshen up. I am on afternoon duty so I need to get to the hospital as soon as possible." She told us before she started walking to a room. Suddenly she turned around.

"Oh, Zaria darling." She called.

"Yes..." I answered.

"I must at least hug you before I leave because I might not see you when I get back, deal?" She asked.

"Deal." I smiled.

"Come on, lets go to my room." Joel took my hand and pulled me alone the stairway into a large room.