Chapter 7

Zaria's POV

...You have got to be kidding me. 

"Will you come back here!" Mum yelled after me but I didn't even respond as I made my way to my room. 

You guessed right. My mum and I just had a fall out. 

Over Salt. 

She slapped me because I mistakenly broke the jar of salt and I walked out on her, hence the yelling. 

Typical. 

I almost bumped into Sam on the stairs and immediately grimaced when he flashed his usually corny smirk at me. I made to pass by him but he held my arm, stopping me. I flashed him a glare. 

"Get your hands off me." I warned him through gritted teeth and he smirked. 

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Not even a common form of greeting and being rude." He lowered his head till his lips touched my ear and I shivered involuntarily. "You need to be spanked, pumpkin." He whispered into my ear. 

I felt my skin crawl with disgust and disdain. I immediately jerked my arm from his grasp and shot him the most deadly glare I could muster. 

"Don't you ever touch me again!" I snapped at him and the smirk remained on his lips like I hadn't just snapped at him. "Stay away from me!' I added, pointing my finger at him in a warning gesture before walking away. 

Immediately I got to my room, I closed the door, securing the lock before falling to my bed with a loud hiss escaping my lips in anger. This family was draining me. Everything I do doesn't seem good enough for them. I am basically the black sheep of the family and it's all because of Him.

All Him.

He ruined everything.

My phone rang but I ignored the call. 

Whoever is calling me should call back. I'm not in the mood. I thought bitterly, hissing.

Few moments later, my phone began to make a sound, indicating that whatsapp messages were coming it. I picked it up and began to go through it, hopeful to see something that would brighten my mood. I immediately came across a message from an unknown number. I frowned but opened it. 

+234 81****54

Hey Zaria, it's Joel.

I called few minutes ago but you didn't pick up, so I decided to send you a message.

Please, We need to get started on our project as soon as possible. Reply when you see this. 

What! How did he get my number! 

I felt anger course through my veins as I began to put two and two together. Only one person could have done this. 

Lyla

That girl will definitely hear it from me.

*****

"Why the hell did you give Joel my number?" I snapped immediately I got to her. She was seated with Ada at a corner of their class.