22 ' her plans

Practice began shortly after Bokuto changed and Hoshino, as always, sat beside the managers, watching them do warm-ups followed by drills. He was noticeably much more enthusiastic, beaming with energy and joy.

"Alright, practice serves. Try to hit the bottle, it acts as your target spot," Shirofuku instructed and placed down an empty bottle.

"Suzumeda-san, can, can I ask a question?" Hoshino asked, still very shy from his loud second introduction of her.

"Sure, what is it, Hoshino-chan?"

"When is your summer camp? And, and, how long is it going to be?"

"In two weeks. It runs for around a week. Why do you ask?"

"Nanao! Did you see that?!" Bokuto exclaims the moment his serve shoots straight to the bottle, knocking it all the way to the corner.

"Y-Yes?" Him calling her name got her attention but she looked up at him, clueless with what just happened.

"Did you witness how cool that was? Straight to the bottle!" he flaunted and stood aside the line to make way for the next player.

"You're cool no matter what, Kotaro-san," she complimented him, not wanting to admit she didn't see it.

"I know, I know!" he laughed. Pure music to her ears.

"Well, why do you ask, Hoshino-san?" Suzumeda repeated her question.

"Um, well, you see, I'm planning on visiting him every now and then, if, if that's even allowed. I mean, it's okay if it isn't! Just curious!" Hoshino blabbered, a sure-fire sign to tell how uncomfortably nervous she was.

"It's okay, really. Won't you need to go home though? Don't you have a hometown?"

"I do! And I'm going home to Fukuoka. I was thinking of, um, of giving him a bento," Hoshino admitted, her voice getting softer in embarrassment.

"Oh."

"I'm not a good cook but I just want to support him in my own way. I don't know if he'll like it," she added.

"If it's Bokuto, he'll eat it as long as it goes to his stomach," Suzumeda chuckled, "And if it's you, Hoshino-chan, he'll be overjoyed, I swear."

"Y-You think so?!" she gasped and quickly covered her mouth.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"That's great, I was very worried he won't like my cooking." She sighed in relief.

"Now that I think about it, that's a really nice way to show off your feminine side. You know? Be cute and all," Shirofuku agreed.

"Really?"

"Though I highly doubt he doesn't think of you as cute," she chuckled again.

"I'm not very cute, Suzumeda-san."

"Yes, you are!" Bokuto disagreed, appearing behind them all of a sudden.

"Ah!"

"You surprised the little star, Bokuto-san," Suzumeda laughed.

"How, how long have you been there, Kotaro-san?" Hoshino worried and turned around.

"Just now. Suzumeda-san, can you refill these for me and Akaashi?"

"Yeah, okay," Suzumeda said and nodded before taking the water bottles for him.

"As for you, Nanao, why are you still formal with me?" he asked and sat close to her.

"I'm not very formal with you, Kotaro-san," she denied and looked at him with curiosity.

"Yes, you are. You call me -san. It's like, the Japanese equivalent of Mr. right?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," she mumbled.

"Well?"

"Then, Kotaro? Kotaro-kun?" Her tone was unsure, waiting for his approval.

"Uhuh," he happily hummed.

"Here you go," Suzumeda said as she came back.

"Thank you!" Bokuto spoke and stood up from his seat, which was originally Suzumeda's.

"Well, I'll go back now, my Nanao. Watch me and my crosses and straights, alright?" he added, smiling at her.

"Uhuh, I will. Goodluck."

He walked away from the two, heading back to the court.

"Well, Hoshino-san, I also have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind."

"Oh, uh, what is it, Suzumeda-san?"

"Since when have you been dating?" she revealed her question with a mischievous smile. She knew it'd totally fluster the girl.

"J-Just a while ago," she admitted.

"Woah, no way, really? My best guess is since your date for the banner," Suzumeda confirmed, seemingly shocked.

"Ah, no, no. I just confessed to him a while ago."

"And he decided to break the news to the team right after?" she laughed.

"Yes, actually."

"That's so Bokuto!" she added in between her laughter.

"It is a very Bokuto thing. I love that side of him," Hoshino agreed, finally smiling and occassionally giggling.

Practice was fortunately as smooth sailing as usual, especially with Hoshino acting as his mood booster. Completely no emo modes today. Not even a single one.

"Maybe she should also go to every single game, Akaashi," Konoha teased as they packed their bags.

"I was thinking of that too. It seems effective."

"Good work everyone!" the managers and the coach exclaimed.

"See you tomorrow, don't be late!" Bokuto exclaimed.

"Okay!" the others responded, mostly the first years.

"Nanao! Nanao! Nanao!" Bokuto called her name repeatedly while his dear girlfriend double checked her bag.

He approached her quickly, making her notice him immediately. "Yes, Kotaro?" she asked and looked up at him, who was already towering her.

"Can I take you home? Please? Pretty please?" he requested as she stood up.

"S-Sure. But it's a little late, we still have homework," she hesitated.

"That's the point, Nanao," he chuckled, "It's late so, let me take you home."

"Are you sure? Won't it be a bother?"

"Yup, I'm sure," he answered, nodding.

"Okay then," she mumbled and shyly nodded.

"Let's go!"

lend me your ears | bokuto kotaroजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें