10 ' detour

After lunch, Bokuto led the way to get the jerseys and Hoshino walked alongside him. "Once we get the jerseys, we're headed straight to Fukurodani, right?" she confirmed as they entered the shop.

"Welcome Bokuto-san!" the lady in the counter greeted, "You're here to get the jerseys?" she asked, completely forgetting the small girl beside him.

"Yup! Are they ready?" he asked with a nod.

"Yes, we finished these yesterday. Here," the lady spoke and crouched, seemingly reaching for something behind her.

"Wow, these are pretty," Hoshino said, looking around the displays. "These are all customized? Like, made to order?" she asked and glanced at the lady.

"Yes, those are our sample works, you like them, young lady?"

Bokuto looked at the dresses she was referring to, then back at her outfit. He imagined how she'd look like in those, and it made him smile just by the thought of it.

"Yes, your work is very beautiful," she complimented, the corners of her lips subtly curving upwards.

"Anyway, Bokuto-san, here are the jerseys. Two boxes. All paid," the lady informed him as she placed two brown boxes on the counter to show him. Bokuto, fully trusting the shop, didn't even bother checking and grabbed on the two boxes.

"Thanks!"

"I can help with that," Hoshino offered and eyed on the boxes covering Bokuto's face.

"Nah, no need," he refused and lowered his arms to get a better view of his surroundings.

"Are you sure?" she asked, not minding how small her body actually is.

"Yup, I'm sure," he told her and began walking to the door, "Thanks again!" he turned around before exiting the shop.

Fukurodani Academy

"Where's Bokuto? We're almost done with practice," Konoha asked.

"I dunno, but I really need my notes now," Suzumeda sighed.

"Did he really think of it as a date?" Shirofuku asked and nudged Suzumeda.

"Seriously? With Hoshino-san?"

"The girl he took to practice last week?"

"Yup, Konoha, that one."

"Are they dating?" Konoha inquired.

"Yeah, I bet!"

"No way! They're total opposites," Shirofuku contradicted, "Plus she's a little scary, you know? Well, that's what rumors say, at least."

"Who's scary?" Akaashi joined.

"Ah, Akaashi, have you heard from Bokuto? We're almost done with practice but he's still not here," Suzumeda spoke.

"Yes, he said they just finished their date. He even sent me a photo."

"So they are dating!" Konoha exclaimed.

"A photo? What photo?" Komi butted in.

"It's a stolen photo of Hoshino-san. Honestly, I feel bad. She looked panicked here," he answered and brought out his phone.

"Hey hey hey!" they heard a familiar voice and they didn't even have to look to recognize who it was.

"I'm here! I have the banner materials and jerseys with me!" Bokuto yelled from the entrance of the gym. Akaashi swayed his head to see him and spotted Hoshino closing the door.

"Hello," she greeted in a bashful tone, bowing at them.

"Did you bring my notes too?" Shirofuku raised her voice.

"Of course. You flooded my phone with reminders this morning," he chuckled and approached them.

"That's because you'd forget again."

"Kotaro-san, I'll just buy something from the vending machine," Hoshino told him, slightly tugging his shirt.

"Okay, okay." Bokuto nodded. Shortly after, she walked away from the gym, then headed to the nearest vending machine.

"First name basis already?" Akaashi mumbled, observant as always.

"Yup, they're dating alright," Konoha gossiped.

"Here," Bokuto spoke as he placed the boxes on the floor, as well as the plastic full of art materials.

"Nanao's really good with affordable art stuff so we didn't spend much," he added, now fishing out his wallet from his pocket.

"Nanao?"

"Nanao. Hoshino Nanao," Bokuto clarified.

As Hoshino bought two banana milk drinks from the vending machine, the managers discussed the upcoming practice matches and the jerseys were distributed. The first-years, as expected, were all eager to receive and try them out.

"Here's yours, Bokuto-san. 4 for the captain." Akaashi handed Bokuto his jersey, much to the older boy's delight.

Meanwhile, Hoshino waited for him in the bench, with two small cartons on her hand. She fiddled with her nails, thinking if she should leave now that she has done her part.

The thought of Bokuto looking for her compelled her to stay for a few more minutes. She has never hung out with anyone in school, she was unsure with what to do.

That is, until, Bokuto's voice pierces through the silence. "Hey, Nanao-chan! Let's go home," he exclaimed, waving at her tirelessly.

"Thank you for your help with the materials," Akaashi, who was beside Bokuto, spoke and lowered his head.

"Ah, no need to thank me," she told him bashfully.

The others were still in the gym while a few already headed to the gate. Hoshino stood up from her seat and approached Bokuto, who was waiting for her.

"Is your house near? I can walk you home if you like." His tone was overflowing with confidence, despite his team walking nearby.

"It might be bothersome, Bokuto-san."

"I thought you called me Kotaro," he mumbled and raised a brow. He didn't figure that she was the one getting embarrassed, especially with the first name basis.

"Also, it's not bothersome, I have plenty of free time," he added.

"Is it really okay?" she asked, doubtful about this idea.

"Uhuh," he hummed, reassuring her.

"T-Then," she stammered. Unable to say anything else, she simply nodded, much to his delight. On the other hand, while nervousness built up, the realization that their date was about to end saddened Hoshino. However, Bokuto had another idea. A detour. A long detour.