Shopping Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

I internally cringed by how doubtful I sounded. I

"Stop, Midoriya, Sakura," Sero sighed from behind my green-haired friend, putting a hand on his shoulder. "If you say it loud, it'll probably jinx it."

"If we failed the exams, then we'd have to skip training camp and be stuck in summer school hell," Kaminari muttered, a dark aura suddenly surrounding him. "And since we didn't pass the practical exam..... If you guys still don't
get it, then you're dumber than monkeys!"

My eyes widened when I saw the Pikachu suddenly stab his two fingers into the big green eyes of my poor friend, letting out a cry of pain. Not wanting my curly-haired friend to go blind, I gripped onto Kaminari's arm, trying to get his fingers out of the eyes I so adored. 'I can't believe I have to deal with this shit this early in the day without even a singe cup of coffee.'

"Calm down, Kaminari," Sero said while I still tried to pull back Kaminari's arm. "I don't even know if I'll get to go either, like you and Mina. Our team passed thanks to Mineta, but I was just sleeping the whole time. Anyway, since we don't know how they're scoring it...."

"IF YOU TRULY FEEL BAD FOR US, THEN BRING US BACK A LOT OF CAMP SOUVENIRS!"

Kaminari suddenly jerked his arm back, causing me to stumble back and lose my footing. I felt myself fall backwards and I braced myself for impact. But only I didn't feel my back hit the floor. Instead, I felt a strong pair of arms grip my shoulders,

"Be more careful. She's still recovering from her exam," I heard a monotone and familiar voice behind me, my eyes widening as I realized who it was.

"Oh, sorry, Sakura!" Kaminari apologized to me as he rubbed the back his neck. "Nice reflexes, Todoroki."

Once Shoto helped me stand on my own two feet, I turned around to give him a small but grateful smile. "Thanks, Shoto. You just saved me from another trip to the nurse's office," I let out a small chuckle.

He gave me a nod in response before turning to the desk beside him, a coffee cup and a small brown bag placed on it. "Here, I had a feeling that you probably didn't have a proper breakfast," he said, handing me the warm drink and bag.

My heart actually melted as I look inside the bag to see a blueberry muffin. "You, Todoroki Shoto, are a beautiful angel sent from the heavens," I chirped, not wasting anytime to take a sip of the coffee. I closed my eyes as I tasted the perfect balance of sweetness, acidity, and bitterness.

"I know how you get without your daily cup of poison," Shoto said, shrugging his shoulders as we walked towards our desks. "I thought I'd be doing everyone a favor by saving them from a test Sakura."

"You know me so well, Shoto," I smirked, placing my bag beside my desk before taking a seat.

"Are most of your injuries fully healed?" Shoto questioned as he started to take off his jacket and drape it on his chair.

"Mhm," I hummed. "I just feel a bit of soreness and drowsiness, still. These painkillers I took did the job but really knocked me out good," I took a bite from my muffin.

"I know. I was there."

Instantly after hearing this, I choked on my food and started to have a coughing fit, pounding on my chest to swallow the piece of muffin that was lodged in my throat. 'What?! Shoto was there?'

"Sakura? Are you alright?"

I raised my hand to let him to know I was fine as I coughed painfully for a few more moments. "W-What do you mean you were there?" my voice was raspy and strained as I narrowed my eyes at him.