"But he isn't Tre", Makayla asked.

"Me and Tre already made our agreement. She both decided that we don't need to be together", Nicole said.

"I ain't gone lie. I was rooting for you and Tre but I see a little spark between you a Elijah", Danielle said.

"A spark?", Nicole asked. "Dani listen, there is no spark and if there will be not yet"

"Okay", Danielle said as she got up. "Whatever you say. I'm going to my room, I'm tired"

"Girl, you know you don't need to walk in the dark by yourself", Nicole said.

"And I don't feel like walking to your dorm", Makayla said.

"So you might as well stay the night", Nicole said.

"Okay", Danielle said.

———————————————

The next morning, Nicole was getting ready to do laundry so she walked downstairs to the laundry room. She had just got off the phone with Tre because he wanted to know if he needed to take her to her mom's house because he was already on the way there. When she got into the laundry room, she got a FaceTime call from Elijah. She sat her basket down and took her phone out and answered.

"Hey", she said.

"Good morning", he said.

Elijah was laying in the bed. He didn't have a shirt on and Nicole noticed he had a few tattoos.

"Good morning", she said.

"Washing clothes?", he asked.

"Yea. Long over due", she said.

Elijah smiles. "I feel ya", he said.

Nicole began loading her clothes at she talked.

"Surprised you're up early", she said. "Or do you usually just check up on your other girls during this time?"

"I'm actually not talking to anyone but you", he said.

"I'm joking Tre- I mean Elijah", she said as she corrected herself quickly.

"Tre. That's the dude that I used to see you with", he said.

"I didn't mean to say his name. We don't date anymore", she said.

Elijah starred at her for moment. He was kinda mad. She wasn't looking at him, she just kept putting her clothes in the machine. She felt embarrassed.

"It's cool", he said rubbed his hand down his face.

Nicole looked at him, finally. "What are you doing today? I'm not babysitting", she said.

"Just chillin", he said. "Chillin by myself honestly. It'd be nice if I had some company"

Nicole smiled a little and thought about her answer.

"You wanna chill with me?", he asked.

"Alone? in your dorm? Nah, we ain't on that level yet", she said.

Elijah chuckles.

"I'm serious", Nicole replied.

Elijah stops smiling. "What you mean then?", he asked.

"I mean.. no. We can go do something else though", she said.

"...iight. Whatever you want", he said.

Nicole nods. "Let me call you back okay? I wanna finish this and I don't have my headphones", she said.

"Okay", he said.

"Alright", she said before she hung up and got her basket and walked to her dorm room.

—————————

Elijah put the phone down and looked at her roommate.

"Ay Bruh", Elijah said.

"Yea?", his roommate answered.

"You friends with Tre right?", Elijah asked.

"Light skinned Tre or dark skin Tre?", his roommate asked.

"Whoever talked to Nicole", Elijah asked.

"Oh light skinned Tre. Yea", he replied.

"Bet", Elijah said.

"What about him", he asked.

"Nothing", Elijah said.

TO BE CONTINUED...