Chapter 21 New Start

Start from the beginning

I said softly, shaking her hand before letting the grip go.
-So Black, what are you doing here alone? Shouldn't Steven be with you?

Sadie said before beginning walking and I followed beside her as I didn't have anything better to do.
-He told me to explore the area for myself, so I started with exploring the beach but decided to go here as well until I got distracted by that blue object from earlier. What was it called?

I said, looking towards Sadie the whole time. My head slightly leaning to the right like a confused puppy.
-Oh, the 'blue object' as you call it, is what we humans call a car, it's a vehicle that transport us to our desired distinctions. It drives on the road you stood on earlier and everytime you walk over it you should look left and right before walking over it  so you don't get hit or run over.

Sadie explained. I felt everything come together and my understandment with human technology became a little bit better.
-Oh okay, thank you for explaining,
I should take your warning into account.

I said gratefully before giving her a thankful smile, still walking next to her.
-Good.

Sadie said happily as she nodded.
We kept on walking together, talking about a little of everything as she explained what different stuff did and was. We stopped walking as we were in front a small building that had a big sign on top that said 'Big donut' with capital letters.
-I got to get to work, but I hope to see more of you Black. It was nice talking to you.

Sadie said softly as she opened the glass door with a pleased expression on her face.
-It was nice talking to you too Sadie,
I wish you good luck with your work.

I said towards her and she nodded before mumbling a bye, waving towards me and I waved back back at her before she entered the building, closing the door behind her. I stood there for a couple of seconds, a sigh leaving my lips.
-What now...

I whispered softly, not knowing what I should be doing now. Maybe I should continue with my exploring I thought to myself. I took a determined  breath and began walking away from the small building.

2 hours later, cuase why not*

I took a break from walking around Beach City and slumped down in exhaustion on a bench. I groaned slightly as the warmth from the sun started to bother me. It was getting too hot for my liking.

I wanted to get back to the barn so badly, the stares from unknown humans, all the new things, it was a little too much to handle alone.
I needed to take a break from it all and the best place was the barn.

I used to be stared at alot back at Homeworld but being in a bubble alone for years sure did a number on me. Just the thought gave me shivers.
-Maybe I should return...

I mumbled quietly to myself, thinking of the secure place that was my home.
My thoughts were snapped back to reality by an surprised yelp from a human a couple of meters away from me.

I looked towards the sound of distress and saw an older male in his mid 40s, with a brown beard and brown hair, he was struggling to hold the water hoes still as it was going in every direction while water was going everywhere.

I contiplated if he needed help or not until I finally caved in. I stood up from the bench, walking up towards the brown haired male to help him.
The water hoes suddenly went towards my direction and I got drenched instantly. I just sighed and took a tight grip onto the wild water hoes, managing to catch it in one single try. The grip I held was tight enough around the rubber tube that it stopped the water from rushing from the water hose.