Chaper 20 In Hiding

Black Diamond's Pov
-It's Garnet and the crystal gems....

Peridot said flabbergasted, horror filling her face.
-Who knows what they would do if they got their hands on you.
You need to hide, get Steven and hide in the barn. Me and Lapis will drive them away.

Peridot whisper shouted towards me, panic clear as daylight were rising in my body. Feeling terrified of what they would do.

I nodded and Peridot pushed me lightly in the direction towards the barn. I let my legs run on instinct inside the red building, my eyes scanning every direction. My eyes finally landed on Steven.
-Steven! We need to hide, the crystal gems are outside.

I said, trying to sound calm but you could hear my voice break. My hand were shaking as I took ahold of his wrist, dragging him towards a wooden box that was barely large enough for the both of us.
I lifted the box and hid under it, Steven crawled and sat beside me as I pulled the box over us.
-What about Lapis and Peridot?

Steven whispered nervously when both of us were covered. Inside the box it was dark enough we couldn't see each other but I could hear the nervousness in his voice.
-They will be fine, the crystal gems don't know that they were involved. Peridot said that she and Lapis were going to drive them away, so we would be fine by now...

I whispered back, feeling uneasy being in a small box that had barely enough space for two people. My breaths heavy from running and the lack of air as I could feel our hot breaths mix. The box getting uncomfortably warm.

The only source of light inside the box were a small beam from a hole that was in the box.
I could hear voices, multiple voices talking to the other. I looked out from the hole, seeing a fusion that Peridot said was named Garnet, a pearl and an unusual small Amethyst talking to Peridot and Lapis.

I could see that Lapis had an enraged expression on her face and Peridot trying to pull her away from punching one of the crystal gems.
Lapis were shouting at them but the words were to far away from us to hear. The pearl seemed sad as she had a hand over her mouth in shock, the Amethyst just looked away from them with an uncomfortable expression on her face while the garnet was just still, not saying a word.

A sneeze was heard from beside me, making me jump slightly from being startled. I looked away from the hole in the box and looked at the direction Steven was sitting at.
-Sorry, I couldn't hold it in.

Steven apologized in a whisper. I sighed heavily and brought my gaze thru the hole in the box once again.
I saw the garnet looking towards our hiding spot, both Peridot's and Lapis's face had gone pale.

They had heard us...

I felt my stomach twist in fear, my blod from my face draining, my body started shaking. The memories of being trapped was rushed inside my head and the similar pain from the nightmare was increased. I didn't want to be trapped like that ever again, I didn't want to be alone any more. I can't handle it this time.

I felt something being placed on my shoulder, probably Steven's hand. He hushed me and patted my shoulder, trying to calm my panic attack.

My breaths got back to normal but they were still hitched when I breathed in and out.

I saw the fusion named Garnet walking toward us and my hand formed into fists, nails digging in my skin.

My vision from the gem was blocked when something blue was standing in front of the box we were hiding in, shielding us from Garnet and the other two.
-How many more gems have you trapped, how many more have you let suffer! This time I will not let you have this one back!