He hurt her right?"

"Guys. I'm alright. I just called to tell you I am safe and sound. We've arrived."

"Okay. Good news."

"Yeah. Bye. I have to go."

I cut the call and look at my room.

(A/n:
Her room is on the top. :) )

Lucas Pov

I sent mum a text message we've arrived.

It was evening so everyone had gone home. My mom made that so. I move to he kitchen to see her in the kitchen rummaging through the cabinets.

"Er. What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to find something to cook for us to eat."

"You can cook?"

"Sure I can. I did Home Economics in middle school. "

"I see."

"You're not allergic to food right?"

"No."

"Okay."

I look at her as she places pans down in the sink and fetches water to place on the fire. She sure knows what she is doing. I will go take a bath. I finish my bath and I realise that the only  way to make my parents happy is to go along with their plan. I really have to win her parents too. I dress and head downstairs. I see that she is done. Wow that was quick.

You bet. Can't wait to dig in.

I sit down and she puts the meal down. She places mine down and looks at me. I take it as cue to start. I take a spoon. It taste nice. I am captivated by how she blended the seasonings.

"Mmmhm. Wow. It's really nice."

She beams at me.

"Well glad you like it. I'm going to start mine too."

I look at her as she sits down. She starts to eat and I can't help notice how polite she is in eating. This will certainly make mother proud.

"So when did you learn to cook like this?"

"My mum was a chef at first but after her kids she decided to retire.  And naturally as the only girl I got a passion to cook and so that's when I began. But she does home cooking videos and yeah but I love to cook."

"I see."

We won't be hungry. We have an experienced chef here.

Shut up Calden

Later in the evening.

I can't believe my parents. How could they arrange something like this. And to think of it. They had made arrangements for a lunch for us in Le Salsa. I have always gone there with Tryphana and now I had to go with Rose. I had to ask her.

This is going to be good.

Calden you're not helping at all

What else can I do?

I shut him up.  I drifted off to sleep

Rose

Well I think things are going well.

In what way Avery?

You guys didn't fight or anything so yes we can say you're friends.

You're right in a way. I mean he even complimented my meal and tried to find something small about me.

Yeah girl. We moving there. Slowly

I hope.

The next day

Lucas

Okay so how am I going to do this. I will just tell her that our parents have booked a date...

Yo dude. That's so lame. This is our mate we talking about.

I know. But our very same mate we know nothing about and we don't get along.

You. YOU don't get along.

I can't do this.

"Lucas?" I hear a voice I have been dreading to hear.

"Yeah. Come in Rose. " I say trying to act tough.

"I wanted to ask whether you've had breakfast. I am going to make pancakes."

She says and from the look of her it's obvious she is going to cook well breakfast. Is it me or does she look sexy in the apron with her messy hair. Oh no. Get a hold of yourself Lucas

"Oh yeah. I will love some." I say trying to clear my mind. This proposal or date thing will definitely make me loose my mind. I mentally slap myself.

Chill bro.

"Okay." She says and starts to leave.

Great there goes our chance.

"Er..  Rose." I say to stop her.

"Yes Lucas..." she says and turns to me. Like she's expecting me to say something.

"I wanted to tell no ask if you'll be able to come to lunch with me this afternoon."  I say and pull my hair back to think straight.

"I'll be glad. Where?" She says and smiles.

"Le Salsa." I smile back at her

"Oh wow. I have never been there. I will be happy." She says and claps her hands like a child.

"Okay." I say and head to my bathroom.

See that wasn't difficult.

You're right.

Rose

Did he just ask you out?

I sure guess she did.

Oooh Girl. We got it moving.

I start to make the batter but can't help what just happened. He was panicking. Does he really like like me or he's just making his parents happy.

I really hope not. But I feel he's true.

Let's hope so.