➥ Fast Fall

Word Count: ~ 770
Warnings: Fluff, fast-burn relationship, cursing, Soft!Tommy
SUMMARY: You and Tommy fall fast and elope just as quickly!

A/N This is set in 1907, making Tom 17 & Arthur 20.

⎯⎯

"I don't know... seems rather risky."

His bright blue eyes widened with surprise, "Risky? Gettin' married at seventeen ain't nothing!" You shook your head at him, nervous about what your family might think. You'd heard what they said about the Shelby family... about them being without a religion... about the supposed rituals... "I wanna start a family with you,"

You bit your lip absentmindedly... if you married Tommy... then you'd never have to deal with your parents again. That sounded rather nice, they never paid much mind to you anyway. Being the middle child out of five kids meant you were often overlooked... and that's how you found yourself falling for the young Tom Shelby.

It took only three months for your fast fall. You met him at the market, ironically enough, while tripping. He caught you and since then, you've been sinking into the depths of his beautifully entrancing eyes. You've since found a home in them, using them as your lighthouse when things go wrong.

Meeting them whenever you can't keep your laughter in right before you burst out into a fit of unprompted giggles. "So, will you then? Marry me, Y/N Y/L/N! Make me the happiest lad in all of England and become my lovely wife!" The smile on his face was contagious as you found yourself nodding, agreeing to marry Tommy Shelby.

If possible, an even larger smile grew on his rosy face as he hugged you tightly, lifting you up into the air. Tommy spun you around before releasing you, only to place a kiss on your lips. With your arms still locked around his neck you gave him a serious look, "I hope you know I won't be a housewife, Mr. Shelby."

"Of course not, Ms. Y/L/N. I wouldn't coop you up if it meant the world couldn't bear witness to the enchantress that is you..." Tommy ran his thumb across your bottom lip, "You're too beautiful to keep locked away..." A cheeky grin grew across his face, "Plus you'd go batshit mad!"

⎯⎯

The man looked positively mortified at the sight of two teenagers asking him to wed them. Hand-in-hand, you and Tommy stared at him with large grins. "Please, Father John, marry us. We cannot wait another day." How Tommy convinced you to marry him not even a week after he proposed was rather sweet.

He had made a large picnic and you two were sat upon a hill, basking in the rare sun. Tommy just asked you if you wanted a large wedding, you said no... and then he brought up the idea of eloping. Your parents didn't even know you were dating Tom... and the thought of pissing them off even more just because you could made you agree instantly.

Plus you just wanted to marry Tommy as quickly as you could, so you could start your life together.

⎯⎯

"Well, are you sure?" You two nodded in sync, "You'll need someone to witness the union,"

"Arthur could?" Tommy suggested and that worked for you, your sisters were too young anyway. "I could go get him now. He should be off of work..." His face lit up with an idea, "And you could go and get a pretty dress on. So this feels like a real weddin'!"

The thought of wearing a pretty gown did sound appealing, but you could care less, "Tommy, we could be wearing burlap sacks and I wouldn't mind." He smiled back at you before promising Father John you two would be back in no more than an hour.

Your eyes were glassy as Father John said the final words of the vows, "You may kiss the bride, Thomas." Tommy took no hesitation as he dipped his head down to capture your lips in his. You wrapped your arms around his neck and drew back a moment later as Arthur Shelby clapped loudly in the empty church. "Congratulations, young love is such a sight to see."

"Awe, my little brother's finally grown into a man! Got 'imself an old lady!" Arthur patted Tom on the shoulder before nodding at you, "If he doesn't treat you right, tell me and I'll rip him a new arsehole!" You couldn't help the smile on your face, you'd just married your first and only love.

Tommy kissed you on the cheek as you left the church, Arthur bid his goodbye before warning his younger brother once more. "I love you more than anything, Y/N."

"Oi, when'd you turn into such a sap?"

"Since the prettiest girl in the whole wide world said she loved me."