Almost 7 days I have had this. And I've done nothing.

I get where Kacey is coming from, but I don't want to put myself in a situation I'm not ready to handle.

I think it's clear I am definitely one that is not emotionally mature. I run away from commitment, I make all possible relationships physical to hide... I don't know what.

I wish I could say there is an underlying factor that caused me to be this way. But there isn't. My parents are happily married, so I have no idea how I turned out this way. I never had a bad break up which ruined men for me, besides my break up with Alex. But I had these issues before then.

My phone vibrates on the night table next to me.

I grab it and read the text message.

: I thought I would stack my chances and reach out to you first. So what about that date?

Alex.

Ugh. Why am I smiling?

Me: No

Alex: Please? I really want to explain everything.

Me: What's in it for me?

Alex: Well... I can tell you what I hope will happen, but that really depends on if you say yes... and how you respond to what I have to say.

I put my phone down next to me and think.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to know. Maybe I should just rip the bandaid off.

Me: Fine.

Alex: Really?

Me: Yes, but it's not a date. And we're meeting at my place. Then you can say your peace and then leave.

Alex: I don't think it will be that simple.

Me: It can be if you don't make it complicated.

Alex: I would prefer somewhere public. I don't think us being alone at your place is a good idea.

Me: And why is that?

Alex: I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off you. I don't even know how I've restrained myself for this long. Seeing you every day at pick up, in those dresses. The things I would to do you.

My eyes widen and my mouth is suddenly dry as I stare at the brazen text message.

Me: If you think of that at a school, do you really think a public place will stop you?

Alex: There is a difference between thinking and doing.

He texts again before I can respond

Alex: Jackie, if I came over to your house, there would be no holding back. As soon as you would open the door I'd pin you against the wall. I would show you exactly what you do to me. I'm hard just thinking about it.

Lynn, you horny bitch.

I don't want him to stop, but I can't make it easy for him.