Chapter 40 - Actually He Does Care About Her

Repaying with her body?

Su Jianan was shocked a bit by herself. With her head shaking as if it were a rattle, she rebuked. "Noooooooo!"

She was doomed. When on earth did she end up so degraded?

"What are you saying no to?" Lu Boyan asked her comfortably.

Su Jianan was at a loss all of a sudden.

She would rather die than let Lu Boyan know what she was thinking about. Or the game would indeed end!

She put on a long face then and said, "Hundreds of millions is too hard for me. What on earth do, do you want me to repay with?"

Looking at her expressively, Lu Boyan quirked up the corner of his mouth and replied. "I will give you the answer in the future."

All of a sudden, Su Jianan felt that Lu Boyan was a hunter who had successfully trapped his prey. The reason why he was staring at his little prey tenderly was not that he had wanted to set it free, but that he was thinking over how to fully take advantage of the little prey in one time...

She was all trembling—when she was back to the office, she would definitely get even with Jiang Shaokai! If not for Jiang Shaokai, how could she have ended up as Lu Boyan's little prey?

After she was back to the police bureau, she saw Jiang Shaokai watching some document with his long legs crossed. Su Jianan went over and snatched the document over. Replying with a "yoho", Jiang Shaokai stared at her up and down and said, "What has Lu Boyan done to you?"

"He wants me to make compensation." Su Jianan told Jiang Shaokai that Lu Enterprises had already suffered hundreds of millions' losses and then she looked at him bitterly. "It's all your fault! I had already owed him three million. And your one call ended up adding a few more zeros to the number of the debt!"

"You idiot!" Jiang Shaokai despised Su Jianan and replied. "For the sort of person like Lu Boyan, he is always in charge of the initiative and he is the one who has the final say on whether the cooperation deal is done or not. He dumped the cooperation partners like this and ran to your rescue then. When he went back, he would at most apologize to his counterparts and surrender some profit or whatever, and then the whole issue would be over. As for the losses or whatever, he is just hoaxing you. And you actually believe him?"

Su Jianan replied confusedly and asked, "Why would he deceive me?"

"You are so silly that you can be easily hoaxed."

"Bang!"

Su Jianan gave Jiang Shaokai a crack on his head with the documents forcibly.

Jiang Shaokai opened the front camera of the mobile and said while putting his hairstyle in order. "As a matter of fact, you should owe me thanks. If it had not been me who had made the call over, shouldn't you have been able to be certain of the fact that whether Lu Boyan cared about you or not?"

Su Jianan thought of Lu Boyan's look when he hurried over all of a sudden. For that short moment, he lost all of his consistent elegance and calmness. Anxiety filled all over his eyes. He should be... concerned about her then.

As a matter of fact, every time when she met with a mishap, it was always Lu Boyan who came to her side in time. So were the time when she had been abducted by Brothers of Shao and when she was surrounded on the road by that group of high-school students.

But speaking of the fact that Lu Boyan cared about her, she always held a dreamlike sense.

It seemed that everything around had all become no true at all.