enrique nods in agreement, "yeah he's too sweet and a good guy overall. maybe something came up?"

"yeah but he wouldn't have to lie to cover it up..." aurora sighed.

"true.." he responds.

"as much as i love both you and spencer, and i hate picking sides, i honestly feel like you should trust him on this one. trust to know that he would never do such a thing." penelope explained.

aurora shrugs, "yeah i guess."

"trust the man." he says giving her a smile, "he cares about you dearly aurora, never second guess it."

༻❁༺

i don't want to do this. i don't want to. what am i even thinking?! if aurora finds out what i'm doing, she will never forgive me. especially because she trusts me and i promised i would never be like xavier. but here i am!

god. she will understand right? fuck. she won't. she definitely wont. but i'm only doing this because i don't want her to get hurt..she doesn't deserve any of this. should i just tell cat..? no, she would also not be very happy about it and it would make things matters so much worse.

spencer's mind, was also going crazily fast. more than normal anyways. he was now driving cat and him back to her apartment, they had just finished dinner.

"what are you thinking about?" cat asks, noticing he was offaly quiet.

he shakes his head, "nothing."

"well whatever is going on in your mind, i can help you forget it.." she smirks as she traced her finger along his cheek.

spencer didn't know how to handle this, swerve the car? no stop being an idiot.

he simply just stayed silent, and gulped a bit.

"you know what, i can't wait. pull over."

spencer's eyes widened, "wha- what? now? we're about to be-"

"pull over."

he nods, doing so. god i should've swerved the car.

she grabs his face and aggressively began to kiss him, i hate this, i miss aurora.

spencer had no other choice but pretend he was into it, and that's what he did so she wouldn't suspect anything.

this feels so wrong, i hate this. aurora doesn't deserve this.

then before it could go any further, spencer's phone rings.

he was about to reach it when cat told him not to.

"it might be the team, they probably need me.."

spencer backed away from the kiss and picked up his phone to see it was hotch, telling him that they had a case.

he wanted to give a sigh of relief, but that would make things obvious. saved by the bell.

"yeah so i have to start leaving. a case in indiana."

cat sighed as she gets back into her seat, and he drives dropping her off at her apartment.

and on the way back to quantico, spencer contemplated how he was going to tell aurora because he was feeling an overwhelming sense of guilt. i hope she understands.

༻❁༺

"so sunshine, where are you going again?" penelope asks as she turned around in her chair.

the two were in her small work area, penelope's lair, as aurora likes to call it.

"chicago. my aunt called and i remembered i haven't seen her in the longest."

"and be honest with me here sweet cakes, are you sure this has nothing to do with you and spencer?"

she shrugged, "no? i don't know."

penelope sighs, "he's on his way here for the case, why don't you confront him about it?"

aurora chuckles, "pg, you and i both know i hate confrontation."

"okay, but it could help.. you know you can't always run away from your issues rory."

she shrugged, "yeah.. uhm, i still have to pack so i'm going to get going. by pg, love you."

she goes over to hug her best friend, hugging back she says "stay safe, call me when you land. love you more rory."

with that, aurora left the building, and not even a few minutes later, spencer arrived.

as everybody was walking to the round table to give information on the case, penelope slaps spencer's arm ever so slightly.

"what was that for?" he asked genuinely confused.

"you've got some explaining to do." she says before everyone sits down.

and when spencer sat down, he realized aurora must have found out that he was lying.

a/n
TYSM FOR 8K READS YALL.
agh why are you guys even reading
such an ass story haha.
promise it's gonna get more interesting!
but hope you enjoyed nonetheless:)