𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

She furrowed her brows and took a step outside to see a rather large black limo parked just out the front. A small formed on the blonde's lips as Stefan appeared from the back wearing a black suit with a flower arrangment in his hand. 

"You look stunning." He spoke as if the blonde had quite literally taken his breath away from the moment he saw her emerge from the house. He lifted the flower arrangment up. "These—uh, these are for you."

"They're stunning, Stefan." Klara quietly chuckled at how nervous he seemed once she carefully excepted the flowers and lifted them up to her nose to smell them. "Thank you." 

"Oh." He then pulled a corsage out from the limo and smiled toward Klara. The light blue and white flowers matched the blue of her dress perfectly. "May I?"

"Of course." She breathed as he gently lifted her wrist up and secured the corsage around her wrist. His fingers grazed her skin of her lower arm before he pulled her in gently for a kiss. It was short, but intense.

"After you." He stepped aside from the vehicle and gestured for her to enter, which she did. She could tell from the way the evening had begun, that her prom night would be one that she would never forget for as long as she lived.

The theme of their prom was Pictures Of You. The venue was decorated with pictures of the seniours throughout their entire highschool carer. Once Stefan and Klara arrived, he stepped out of the limo first and held her hand to help her out. She patted down the skirt of her dress as the two walked up the red carpet which led inside the venue.

"Well, if it isn't the couple of the century." Elena stepped in front of Klara. The blonde immediately recognized the dress that Elena wore—it was Caroline's. "Oh, yeah. Before you ask, this is Caroline's dress. I thought I'd do it a favour."

"Because that wasn't bitchy at all." Klara breathed under her breath. She was determined to not let Elena ruin her prom night, and yet here she was, ruining it. "Haven't you got anyone else to bother tonight?"

"I'm bothering you? Oh, but, Klara, I thought we were friends." Elena furrowed her brows as she feigned sadness, but suddenly smiled. "Oh, yeah, that's right. Friends don't steal friends boyfriends."

"Uh, it definitely wasn't like that, Elena." Stefan interupted in defense of his girlfriend. He then raised his eyebrow toward the girl. "Besides, why do you care? You jealous or something?"

"Jealous?" Elena echoed with a scoff as she eyed Klara up. "No. I was just wondering at what point I decided to pick a snake as a friend. Funny."

The doppelganger gave them one last smirk and then disappeared off into the crowd. Klara exhaled out of irritation and Stefan could see the anger than began to build up in the blonde. He extended his hand for her to take. "May I have this dance?"

"Oh, Stefan, I don't feel lik—"

"—Dance with me." He grabbed hold of her wrist and pulled her out into the dancefloor. His hand gently moved down to her waist while the other intertwined with her fingers. "Oh, come on, I'm the one that hates to dance, remember? You're letting her get to you, stop it."

"Easier said then done." Klara breathed out and finally gave in to the dance. She swayed gentle with Stefan as the slow music blarred through the music. "Elena drama aside, so far, you've given my the best night possible."

"Well, it's the most sentimental night in high school and high school just so happens to be where you and I first met, so..." Stefan trailed off with a light smile on his face. "I just wanted to make sure you had a good night, honestly."