5. Meatballs And Sphegeti

Poppy got up from my back as all of the boys left. Earlier, for a moment, I actually thought Poppy was going to fall right on her face when Jayden threw her in the air. My heart stopped beating both the times. Does that guy has no sense? She is so small. What if he hadn't caught her on time? What if she had slipped past his hands because of the momentum? He could have hurt her badly. What then? Would he still laugh? Some might say I am over reacting but it's my little sister we are talking about.

"Co! Co! " Someone was shaking my shoulder, as if in an attempt to wake me up. I lifted my head up, which was lying flat on the floor, only to see Poppy crouched down next to me trying to get a reaction out of me.

As I got up from the floor, a sudden tug at my muscles brought back the pain and reverberated through my bones, reminding me how my back was used as a trampoline by Kai, the youngest of the triplet, and cushioned my own sister's landing.

"You know, I thought you fell asleep on the floor," Poppy said as we started ascending down the hall, where everyone's rooms were located, "Again."

I clearly remembered the incident that Po was referring to.

One day as I returned from school, I was too tired to even twitch a muscle. After running laps during the last period in scorching heat, I wanted nothing more than to sleep for hours. So that's what I did. As soon as I entered home, I fell on my knees, then laid on my stomach and in a moment I was out like light. The fact that the floor felt cold didn't help.

So that is how mom found me two hours later spread on the floor with one hand tucked under my head and one leg bent inwardly towards my stomach. She came back from college just to greet this sight of me on our entrance.

And like the intelligent family we are, the first thought that came to Poppy's mind was that I was dead. Uhh ha! Not fainted or tired, dead! Yes I agree I sleep hard and if you try to wake me up, I wouldn't budge. Still, not dead.

But then mom shook me like clothes in a washing machine. It did help as I jolted awake shouting 'we are stuck in a tornado '.

Thus, it was not peculiar for Poppy to think I fell asleep on the floor

Thus, it was not peculiar for Poppy to think I fell asleep on the floor. No, I am not hypersomniac, I just love to sleep just as much as I love to eat. And that amount is large.

And that is how much, it seems, we have walked in since we entered the hall. We were seized at the starting of this corridor and have covered a satisfactory amount of distance, but it looks like there are miles to go before I sleep.

Ha! Got that?

"Co, you are making weird faces," Poppy said scrunching her eyebrows.

"Yes, I actually made a pun in my head about sleep and how... You know what, never mind." I rambled and continued looking around.

There were doors on both side of the hall with impressive gap between consecutive ones. All the rooms were all as gigantic as the house. All of these were closed. The boys already chose the bigger rooms.