"Mom, I can never hate you guys. If my marriage will make you all happy, then I am ready to marry whoever you want," I told them. Even though I was not sure about this, I decided to trust them.

"Are you sure?" She asked me while dabbing her eyes.

"Yes,"

"Really? You made us so happy with your decision. Good!. I have a lot of work to do. When the astrologer told me that your marriage has to happen within a week as there are no suitable dates for the next six months, I agreed to it instantly. But I am regretting it now. How can everything be arranged in a week?” She slapped her forehead while saying this.

"Your grandfather went on a world tour with his friends. He is really enjoying his life to the fullest. And don’t even get me started with your brother. I really don't know anything about his whereabouts. He never picks our phone calls. Your Dad is aging and it's really hard for him to handle all the business by himself," she said with a sigh

"I really don't know when I will get back my cheerful and naughty children," she sighed. "I think I am digressing. The thing is, how can we both handle everything in such a small period? I really don't know what to do now." After her initial happiness, my Mom started her rant while pacing around the hall.

My Dad was smiling after listening to her. I felt really happy seeing them like that.

"Mom, you don't need to worry about all these things. I just want a simple wedding. Even a ritual in the temple is fine with me," I told her to ease her worries.

"What? How can we get you married in such a simple way? You are our one and only daughter. Marriage only happens once in a lifetime. I won't agree with you." My mom refused immediately, to which I looked at my Dad to convince her.

"Let this happen as per her wish. Agreeing to this marriage itself is a huge thing. So just do everything as per her liking. Don't force her anymore." My dad said with a finality in his tone. My mom was reluctant but agreed to it eventually.

"I am going now. Rest early Mom and Dad," I said to them as I was really in need of fresh air to ease myself.

"Wait. Go after having your dinner. I will call your friends in a while and inform them about your marriage. You guys are going to stay here until your wedding. So tomorrow, come along with them. Don't try to argue in this matter," she said in a strict tone and I agreed to it as I didn’t have much say in the matter.

After having dinner, I stood up to take my leave. I had to go back to my flat and needed to know the opinion of my friends.

"Okay. I will get going then." After saying this, I started walking but stopped remembering something.

"By the way, to whom am I going to get married?" I asked them without turning back.

"Haha. I was really waiting for you to ask me this. I think you know him. His name is Arjun and he is the son of Mrs. Sarada. I hope you got your answer now," she said, making me turn to see her immediately.

"What? Did he agree to this marriage?" I asked her, knowing very well that he wouldn’t be an easy person to manipulate and I was sure that he would never agree to this marriage but her answer made me stood there with mouth agape.

"He already agreed to this marriage, and close your mouth. It's getting late. You should get going." After saying this, she started going upstairs coolly.

I didn't know how I reached my car. I started driving, still unable to recover from the shock.

"That rude guy being my prospective groom itself is quite a shock to me but him, agreeing to this marriage is totally unexpected. Till now, I was thinking so highly of him. Nah! He is no better than me. He is still a son to his mother. Haha! I am sure Sarada Aunty might have done something to make him agree. Oh, God! Why am I gleeful over that poor guy's plight when my own condition itself is not any better? Hmph! Mom, well played. Let me get my hands on the one who is the mastermind behind all this marriage thing, I will show them what I am capable of," I thought in my mind.

 Let me get my hands on the one who is the mastermind behind all this marriage thing, I will show them what I am capable of," I thought in my mind

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Author's POV:

Mrs. Sarada who was playing with her mobile suddenly started sneezing continuously.

She immediately looked at Arjun who was doing something on his laptop. She shook her head after looking at him.

"Nah! My Ajju is definitely not the one who is scolding me. I think Daksha already got to know about this marriage. So, she might be the one who is planning something against me. I don't know what I have to face to get these both buddhas married." She thought while releasing sigh after sigh.

Arjun looked at her irritably after hearing her continuous sighs. She smiled at him sheepishly.

"Oh my Ajju, carry on with your work. You can't understand the worries of this poor soul." After saying that, she busied herself on her mobile

Thanks for reading.

Please do vote and comment.

The way I used to live✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें