While his logical side told him the opposite. That this wasn't love and was just his instincts acting up. Anyone would want to get their hands on a human after all. Their blood is rumored to be divine. Something that you wouldn't be able to buy at the black market so easily. That's the only reason that he wants her, and that's the only reason he needs.

His thoughts being interrupted by the sound of his phone blaring through the quiet streets. The wolfs predatory eyes turned back to normal before pulling out said object. Seeing that the person calling him was none other than the future 'Beastar' himself.

'How did Louis get my number?'

Trying his best to ignore the obvious questions he held, the wolf answered the phone. Fear plaguing his mind the moment he did so. Almost as if in that split second while the phone was ringing he forgot all about [F/n] and how she was nowhere to be found.

"Lou-"

"Legosi, you stupid wolf, where are you?"

Said male's ears immediately twitched at the harsh tone that was being given to him. It wasn't just one of a parental figure but genuine anger seemed to be held within it as well. Like the simply words he spoke were somehow forming into threats towards him.

"A-At the hotel...w-"

"Give the phone to [F/n] this instant."

In all honesty, Legosi didn't really know what he was expecting. Louis didn't like him, that much both of them had made clear to one another, so there would be no reason for him to call. Checking up on the wolf wasn't something that he had to do. There's no way he'd take the time out of his day to check on someone he disliked.

The obvious reason was the girl, that much he should've known. But hearing her name from his mouth, especially after loosing track of her, just made the male freeze. Not knowing what he was meant to do nor say. He had already told a white lie once and surely he could do it again. Though he wasn't sure that Louis was going to allow the call to end without her voice being heard.

"Legosi."

"Oh, sorry. S-She isn't...she isn't here r-right now"

"Then, pray tell, where IS she? Surely you're keeping track of her"

It was horrifying how, unconsciously, the deer had taken a stab at the male's heart. Without even knowing it he pointed out the single thing that the wolf had been worried about. The one thing that he wasn't able to do. Well, two, if counting the fact that he also couldn't keep the girl safe when she wasn't with him.

"O-Out! With...Aoba, she and Aoba went to get a few drinks for us"

"Aoba huh?"

A small weight seemed to lift off of Legosi. The male had believed him, as far as he knew, and that would be the end of it. His body was already moving again to look for the girl. Making sure his footsteps were light enough for Louis not to hear on the other side of the phone.