"Nice name." she purred while applying the shiny red gloss to her lips. You used some paper towels to dry your hands as you were listening to her: "So you are Sephiroth's apprentice? Correct me if I'm wrong."

"Correct." You replied.

"You must be really strong then. But I feel bad for you... he can be really mean sometimes... Sephiroth I mean." She uttered. "It must be tough on you, I'm sure."

"It is." You simply muttered.

"I envy you though..." she said, causing you to look at her again, noticing that she had shifted her attention to her eyelashes, putting on the mascara very carefully. "You get the chance to spend most of your time with him, unlike me."

You didn't say a word in response. Where was she attempting to get anyways? "However..." she continued after realizing your avoidance of answering, "I am not worried, not even a bit. I am certain that he keeps me in both his heart and mind. I'm the one he adores, after all."

The moment she started her cockiness, you considered the conversation over and done with. "Excuse me." You drew yourself out of the obligation to respond to her invidious statement, and you stepped away from the sink, walking to the exit. But before you could even reach the door, a simple question coming from her mouth was sufficient to freeze you on the spot. "Do you like him?" She asked, looking at you through the mirror. Your eyes widened and the breath became stuck in your throat, so you had to swallow hard in order to regain control of the actions of your body. You turned around and looked at her, unable to answer her question although you desperately wanted to deny you affections for the man. You were utterly dazed, tongue-tied.

"No need to deny it, I know you like him." She added frankly.

"But..."

"It's obvious. Everything about you points that you like Sephiroth. Besides, womanhood as a whole is fond of the man, so it isn't surprising that he is loved by all women, even by you." She uttered matter-of-factly.

"What's your point?" You asked.

"Nothing really. I'm only saying this because I care about you. I want to warn you... Sephiroth is a Bad Boy; he could and would steal the hearts of all the women in this world. Meaning is... you'd do better to give up your feelings for him..." she said, turning to face you while leaning her back against the sink and crossing her arms in front of her chest, "... because you will never win his heart."

Her undisguised intention was to goad you into losing your temper and reacting thoughtlessly, but you didn't even bat an eyelid and your face had a solemn nature to it despite the inquietude of your spirit. "I know that" was your simple answer.

However, she was not done ragging on you yet: "Let's face it, darling. Sephiroth has a taste in women that is quite intractable; he is very finicky and choosy, so it's pretty much impossible for a woman to please him. But, it's not the same in my case. I must say that I am both honored and happy to be the woman whom he had chosen."

Okay, Marika. Congratulations. Your plan of annoying and insulting me is working successfully. What else do you want with me? You wished you could say something like that to her just so you could put an end to this futile conversation, but again you managed to show her the poised side of yours. You sighed lightly and breathed: "Good for you."

"Oops! Did I offend you somehow?! You look rather sad!" she said while placing her fingers over her mouth and displaying a false innocent-looking pout on her lips.

"No, no... not at all." You almost chuckled. "It's just... now that I think of it... you're Sephiroth's "ex"girlfriend, right?" She was about to open her mouth to say something, but you beat her to it: "Had you been his perfect woman and the chosen one as you claim to be... why did you two break up?"