The air felt tense and unbearably heavy as the two of you exchanged silent gazes, so you took the initiative to wipe the awkwardness away, muttering: "Good evening." You voice seemed to have awakened him from his motionless state, so he blinked his beautiful eyes then immediately looked away from you with what appeared to be a frown on his brow. "Hmph." He turned the other way and began walking toward the bar's entrance. "I'm going inside." He said, tonelessly.

A sudden stab of pain thrust through your chest at receiving his cold reaction, and you were too shocked to follow his receding steps with your eyes, for they kept staring at the spot where he stood a while ago, simply gazing at the empty space as if he was still there. Your throat went dry and your spirit sank in an instant. You felt a crystalline layer coating your orbs, and you felt the immediate urge to unleash your tears, when Zack called you, forcing you to hold back your emotions: "_______... are you coming or what?"

"Yes. Coming." You nodded.

**********

Once inside, the unpleasant smells of cigarettes and alcohol were the first to great your senses. The loud laughter of the scantily clad women and drunken men who had filled the bar was to contribute more to your disgust and vexation. You always hated places like this, and now you were convinced even more: such atmosphere, dimly lit and saturated with suffocating smokes, was not and never will be to your liking.

A hostess led the five of you to the table which Zack had reserved ahead of time, so you followed her to the heart of the bar. As soon as you have arrived to your table and before you have taken your seats, you heard a voice speaking in the background: "What a coincidence! I had never imagined that I'd find you here." You all turned your sights in the direction of the speaking voice and your eyes fell on a tall beautiful woman, and you must say, she was so pretty that she was able to earn long stares from the four men. From looking at her physical appearance alone, you could tell what kind of a woman she was: she looked dangerous. She had long blonde-dyed hair skillfully styled into large curls, seductive green eyes with long dark lashes, red lips with freshly-applied gloss, and a well-smothering foundation and face powder that have caused her visage to look perfectly flawless. She had a tall voluptuous body, dressed in a devilish crimson short dress with a halter strap around her neck and a sinful low V-cut for her chest. She cat-walked closer to the group, moving her hips sultrily while walking masterly on matching high heel pumps. She purred through a beguiling smile: "Nice to see you again... Sephiroth."

All whipped their heads to look at Sephiroth whose smirk has then appeared for the first time that evening: "Nice to see you too, Marika."

"Is this how you greet a lady?" She approached him and with a feline move, she threw her arms around his neck. "You haven't changed. after all."

Sephiroth hung his hands over her hips and smirked even wider: "I can say the same about you."

"Hmm? That's not how you respond. You should say: 'You've gotten even more beautiful, my love.' Something like that."

"Well... I guess that's true as well." He said.

She grabbed the nape of his neck and pulled him toward her, connecting her lips to his.

And... she kissed him.

"Oh my..." Genesis remarked, while Zack cleared his throat with embarrassment and Angeal grunted in disgust. But you... you were thunderstruck. Your whole body went numb and your heart was no longer throbbing with life. It was painful, agonizing to a limitless degree. Your soul was stabbed even more ferociously upon noticing Sephiroth's yielding reaction to Marika's coquetry. He did not resist her. No. He went along with her will. You turned your head to the side, attempting to take the two out of your sight, but the image of them kissing was engraved in your mind, and sorrow was already anchored over your heart. Why? Why is this happening?