You were actually taken aback by his words at first, but you couldn't help the eased giggle. He was trying - intentionally - to cheer you up. He somehow had noticed your uneasiness, so he threw that little joke that was enough to drive Angeal impatient: "What?! Why would I...?! How...?! How dare you, Genesis! I was simply asking if..."

"Hey, hey... calm down. I was simply joking, okay?" Genesis replied with a relaxed chuckle.

"That wasn't the right time for your silly jokes, Genesis! I'm already pissed off! We've been waiting out here for God knows how long, and Mr. Kitty-eyes and that little Puppy still haven't arrived yet!" Angeal spat out, crossing his muscly arms in front of his chest.

"They'll be here." You uttered calmly.

"I wonder what is taking them so long." Genesis sighed with boredom. "Even women, with all their complicated preparations, could have done it on time... uhh..." he turned his head sideways to look at you. "No offense, though."

"No worries." You answered with a smile.

"I'll show that Puppy a lesson he won't forget... once he gets here." Angeal added angrily.

"I guess you could show him now." Said Genesis, gesturing with his head to the two of you to look somewhere in the background. You turned and found both Sephiroth and Zack heading to your direction. "Hey guys! Sorry, we're late!" shouted Zack, outrunning Sephiroth and hurling toward you.

"You think?!" Angeal yelled at Zack, banging him square on the head.

"Ouch! It wasn't my fault! We ran into traffic, that's all!" The younger guy whinged.

"Well, don't do this again... it's wrong to keep your seniors waiting."

"I'm sorry, okay?! Dude, you're being too-..." Zack suddenly brought his whining to a halt as soon as his eyes met the sight of you. He straightened, gazing studiously with eyes clearly stunned and jaw dropped in surprise. "_______?"

"Good evening." You greeted.

"This is you alright!" He exclaimed. "Oh . My . Gosh! I can't believe it! You look so awesome! Eh... beautiful, I mean!"

"Thank you." You replied appreciatively.

"Evening." Sephiroth mumbled, finally joining the group. He seemed too lazy for his nature that evening, that he could barely raise a greeting. He was looking in the direction of the bar from which lively music was emanating, not making direct eye-contacts with any of you. A sudden rush of emotions sallied forth to your heart and face, increasing the throbbing beats against your chest and igniting the burning heat over your cheeks. The things that his mere presence could do to you were impossible to be put into words. His statuesque form alone was sufficient to cast a spell on you. His silky silver hair was gliding entrancingly with the zephyr, and his beryl-green eyes glowed even in the dim light of the street. He was clad in a black fine suit, which fell into a fair contrast with the light tone of both his ivory skin and argent hair. He had a regal presence - simply put - majestic.

He was tucking one hand in his pocket while standing there silently, still looking in the opposite direction of you, when Angeal drew his attention: "So, Sephiroth... have you received any missions today?" He asked.

Sephiroth then began talking: "Nothing worth mentioning... minor ones only. It was quite disappointing though. Not that I'm looking for troubles or anything, but these stupid missions are not my..." he paused "...thing." He added the last part after his eyes had shifted from Angeal to look at you. They widened slightly as they prolonged their meticulous gaze upon your form. His crystal orbs roamed your resplendent body from toe to top. The combat boots that you'd usually wear were gone, along with the loose cargo pants, the plainly looking shirt and all the other "military" accessories, replaced by a pure delicacy. And your hair which was often, if not always, pulled back into a ponytail was now arranged in a simple yet lovely style. Before you could realize it, his eyes were no longer scanning your length; instead, they were fixed right onto your own, within them reflections of feelings and thoughts that you were unable to read or explain. His look was not impish as it usually would be, nor impassive. It was no doubt one of incredulity, of astonishment. His eyelids did not bat in the least, causing you to drown slowly and deeply into the icy ocean of his eyes. For a moment there, you felt as if everything and everyone else had vanished from existence, leaving you and Sephiroth alone in the midst of the seemingly frozen time.