Thirty Nine.

Your POV

I woke up in the bed by myself, so I got up to see where the other two went. They were in the kitchen talking about something, but stopped when I came in.

"Why'd y'all stop talking?" I asked yawning and stretching.

"No reason," Mani replied looking at Jess. Jess just shrugged going back to cutting up an onion.

"I'm going to go do my work then," I said.

"No, you're going back to sleep," Jess replied.

"But I need to do it."

"It can wait. You need sleep," she replied.

"I'm fine. You know where I'll be," I replied walking out of the kitchen. I sat down at my desk and opened up my laptop. I had left my glasses in Jess's room, so I went to get them and stopped when I heard them talking again.

"Mani, be honest. How do you feel?" Jess asked.

"I don't know. We broke up because the lack of communication. Everything felt so one sided most of the time. I'd text and not get a reply for days. Dates got cancelled. Even just spending time with each other got cancelled, so I decided that she needed to put all her attention on herself. I love her. I will always love her, but I don't think I can put myself in that situation again."

"I understand. There were days where she'd just walk by me like I wasn't here. She was emotional unavailable. It does make you question yourself because you have no idea was going on in her head. You wondering if you're being a good person, does she really love you and stuff like that. But I learned that she loves hard. I can bet a million dollars that she's still in love with you and that she's standing in the hall listening," Jess said. I didn't move at all. I quietly opened the bathroom door, flushed the toilet and washed my hands.

"I already know you were in the hall," Jess said laughing.

"No, I wasn't," I replied and she looked at me.

"Fine, I was," I told her and she hit me lightly.

"Why were you being nosey?" she asked me and I shrugged.

"Because I pay the bills in this house," I replied getting a bottle of water.

"I do too," she stated.

"What are you two going to do if you don't work out?" Normani asked laughing at the two of us.

"I don't know. We're still best friends. It'll be kinda awkward at first, but eventually we'll get over it," Jess answered attempting to take my bottle of water. I gave in and gave it to her and she drank the whole thing.

"This. This is why I don't like you," I said getting another bottle.

"Wasn't saying that a few hours ago," she fired back.

"I will tell your dad that you also call me daddy, but it's only when you're cumming on my dick," I said and she rolled her eyes.

"I will tell your mom you were being rude to Mani because you wanted your dick sucked," she said knowing my mom would pop the fuck out of me for being rude.

"Whatever," I mumbled.

"Shit, I gotta go," Mani said looking at the time. She went to Jess's room to get her stuff. I brushed my teeth again and went back to the kitchen.

"Y/N, take her where she needs to go," Jess told me as she started cooking.

"Why I gotta do it?" I asked her as I grabbed my keys, my wallet and my phone.