three

"Everyone please settle down!" The teacher called out once entering the classroom. All the students sitting down in their seats and facing the front, but were left confused. This wasn't their usual art teacher?

"Miss, where's our usual art teacher?" One student questions. The women standing at the front flashing everyone a charming smile as she first introduces herself.

"Oh yes, let me introduce myself first! Hello students, my name is Ms. Wang and I would be your replacement teacher for this semester. Since your usual art teacher is currently on maternity leave."
"You look really young teacher." A student spoke, this making the teacher scratch the back of her head in embarrassment.
"Hehe well I'm only volunteering to be a teacher here, so I'd have some experience later in the future." She explains as the students only nodded their heads in understatement.

"Right! Your teacher informed me that for this years semester project, you are all told to be put into groups of two's. Where you will then work on a piece together that would then be examined and graded by the end of the semester." Ms. Wang continued to speak.

"So I think it's best if all of you were to choose your own partners whom you'll think that you're going to work best with. Get into pairs everyone." She instructed as all the students started moving around the place.
All but Renjun and Lily.

Well Lily would prefer to work alone as she'll be able to get the work done faster. And besides, she had some troubles going up to people and asking them to be her partner. She can't really socialise that well anymore. As for Renjun, well.. everyone was afraid of him to say the least. He's an amazing artists and by working with him, they could get a decent grade because of his work. But again, they were too scared to approach him. Afraid that if they do one wrong move then he'll start a tantrum.

Ms.Wang seeing this, what other ideas did she have then to pair them up together?

"Renjun, Lily." She calls their name out. The two teenagers looking at her before they looked at each other from across the room. Already knowing what her calling out meant as the both of them shook their heads in sync.
She couldn't help but to let out a chuckle. "These two are cute."

"I'm not working with her."
"I'm not working with him."
They replied in unison.

At this point, these two are practically soulmates.

"The two of you are the only ones left who don't have a partner. I know the two of you would like to work alone, but if you don't work together then your work would not be counted for your final grades." Said Ms. Wang as the two teenagers stood quiet.
"So, you'll work together and try to get along alright?" She flashed them a smile as they nodded lazily at her.

"Renjun you could go sit besides Lily and the two of you could discuss on what you want to paint."

Renjun grumpily walking over to Lily's desk in agitation. So badly wanting to run out of the classroom rather than having to talk to her.

He sat down next to her. His arms crossed above his chest as he faced the front in irritation. Not wanting to look at her face.

"Are you done being grumpy? We need to dicuss on what we're going to do." Lily asked. She was as well not joyed by the fact that she had to work with him, but oh well. I guess her peace and quiet could be disturbed by him for a semester.
"Hmm." He only hums in reply.

"If someone's talking, look at them in the eyes. And I'm gonna need you to give me more replies then just a hum." Lily taking a hold of his chin as she made him look at her. The lad getting startled by her action as he quickly pushes her hands off of him.

"Don't touch me, there are you happier?" He said annoyed.
"A little bit... Hey if you're still mad about earlier then please just get over it. I've already said that I was sorry, we should at least try to get along if we want to get a good grade for this project." Lily tells him as he looks at her unfazed.
"Tsk, I already forgot about what happened earlier. And me getting along with you? That's like the last thing I'd ever want to do." Renjun replied rudely.
"*sigh* this is going to be impossible. Its not like I want to get along with you as well Renjun." She says in defeat before doing her own thing. Getting her sketchbook out as she wrote down some ideas.