Chapter One

a/n: I'm not going to put all the scenes where jj and sarah come out separately. some scenes I will put them because they will be necessary for the plot, but others not. okay, here is Chapter 1 and I hope you like it uwu

                                                -

                                                -

The pogues had been arguing all day about what to do about the speedboat they had found at the sea moments before they knew it belonged to Scooter, whose body had been found this morning. Pope thought it was a bad idea to continue with this, he thought about his scholarship and his future. Instead, JJ and John B believed it was a good idea to see what was in the boat that everyone was looking for. In the end, it was Kiara who suggested they think about it with a beer keg in the middle. The group of friends went to the beach, and as always happened, word spread that there was a beer keg and more people started to come, including the kooks.
JJ along with the leader of their gang were distributing the alcoholic drink, with the thought that with luck they would see some beautiful foreign girl to have something without commitment to her. But when the kooks started coming, the blue-eyed blonde was more distracted. He was unconsciously searching for a special kook.

- Who are you looking for?

His friend since third grade suddenly asked him. JJ frowned, pretending nonchalance and as if he didn't know what he was talking about.

- What? To nobody.

- It won't be the girl you flirted the other day, right?

- You're hallucinating.

- So?

- So nothing, John B. I'm not looking for anyone.

- What the hell is she doing here?

Kiara suddenly asked, looking behind John B and JJ. The last mentioned looked where the brunette was pointing. And there it was... Sarah Cameron. Climb where the lifeguard sat to watch on the beach, pointing out whatever the hell she was pointing out. He hadn't seen her in days. Next to her was Topper, her boyfriend's jerk. It was the type of kook, who believed that the pogues only served to cut the grass.
Sarah was the princess of the kooks, Kiara's best friend in ninth, her worst enemy in tenth.
And besides that, she had been talking to JJ since they were both 8 years old. He still remembered it like it was yesterday.

It was a June night. An 8-year-old blond kid with blue eyes had just left his house after seeing his drunk father. He knew that when daddy came home like this, it was best to sneak out of his bedroom window. The thing is, it was night, and he had nowhere to go in the next few hours. He looked at his watch. Well, at least it wasn't too late, it was only nine pm. He walked around the island for a while, until he sat down on a bench, to wait. He knew he had to wait at least a couple of hours. His father would be looking for him around the house right now, complaining about something or wanting to say that his mother was a bitch. After he couldn't find it, he would drink another beer from the fridge and sit on the living room sofa and watch television. It would only take a half hour for him to fall asleep, so in total his father would take about two hours to do all of this. The little one knew all that by heart.
Suddenly, a girl honey-eyed blonde sat beside him in silence. It looked like she had been crying. JJ recognized her. It was Sarah, the excruciating girl who got together with the other excruciating kids who messed with him and his best friend John B. Where were his parents? Would she have been lost?