1

As I see the raindrop off the window I think to myself what happened to me in order for me to get to this place in my life.

6 Months Ago

Sitting on my bed watching whatever was on Tv at the time when I hear glass break. I jump off my bed, fling open my bedroom door, run through the hall coming into the living room to see that a random glass has been knocked over with nothing around it. Casually brushing it off I then start walking to get the broom when I see a note written on the fridge saying "You have grown up so pretty, Sarah or is it Willow now?"

I drop the note and the broom. No. NO. NOO!!!! How did he come back? He was sentenced to death in Minnesota, how did he find me? Running back to my bed room finding my duffel and starting throwing everything I can fit in it. With everything packed in a matter of minutes, I run with my now full duffel bag to get my keys when I hear a car door shut. I quietly walk over to the window and peek outside and see that it was just the neighbors. With a sigh of relief I turn back to run and get my keys when I hear a low rumble of a laugh coming from behind me. I turn around to see the face of my nightmares since I was 15.

"How did you find me?" I asked with a sour taste in my voice.

"I still have my connection like old times. Yes some have let me go , but details. How have you been?"

He asked while taking a look around the living but barely touching anything as if it is too fragile to touch, it makes me sick to see him be here in MY house, touching MY things.

"What do you want, Marcus!" I tell him almost in a yelling tone.

"Now what makes you think that I want something? Can I not just come by and see how an 'old friend' is doing?"

How did he get out anyway? Did he break out? Did he bribe someone to sneak him out? That wouldn't be the first time. All I can think of at this moment is to run. Run as fast as I can and never look back and go back to where things started. Get a new name, new address in a random low life town in the middle of nowhere, and finally don't get close or rely on anyone else, but yourself.

"Come on Marcus, there is nothing else that you can do to make my life a living hell. You already took everything from me. What else do you want, huh! Come on kill me I dare you right here, right now. And you can go back to whatever shit hole you came from and you don't have me out and about. What else do you want from me!"

I stand there almost to the point of shaking and crying but I hold the tears back to make sure he doesn't get any satisfaction from seeing me vulnerable.

"We both know what happened and what needs to happen," he then flips out his knife from his back pouch, that's where he always keeps it when I 'knew' him, "And we know it is not going to be a pretty site after everything is finished."

I keep thinking if this is what I'm going to see when I die. The face of the man who made me unable to trust or to feel anything ever again. He then tries to rush at me but I quickly dodge his attempt to slash my intestines open. He turned around to face me and make a beeline towards the back door but he caught me.

He then says in my ear, "This is going to be fun. You were always a fighter."

Those words sounded like nails on a chalkboard. I lifted my knee up and swiftly kicked backwards into his bad knee I knew he had and he folded like a chair. I try to flee but he trips me. I hit the floor with such force I almost blacked out for a second. I had a metal taste in my mouth. By the time I was back into reality he was on top of me holding my legs and arms down.

" I knew I'd find you. You know you are a special one you know, Sarah. I never thought it would take me this long to find you, but now I have and this is the best day ever. Not for you of course." He said with a laugh.

He pushes the knife to my throat. I can feel the cold hit my skin and I try so hard not to take big breaths. Somehow I got one hand free and punched him. He was confused but then his black eyes looked at me and he tried to punch back but I had got enough room to punch him and knee him in the groin. He falls into a ball position and I push him off of me and grab my bag with my keys and run toward the door. I get to my car outside, put the keys in the ignition and start the car as soon as I put the car in reverse Marcus runs toward the car and starts beating the glass with his fists yelling. I punch the pedal and book it out of there. Thank god I have a full tank of gas for once.