The Real Thing - Chapter 2

Chapter 2!

Dedicated to my first commenter!

__________________________________________________________________

“I said Kate here wants you to model for them too. She will be your agent. Of course, only if you say yes. I don’t want to force anything on you.” she said with an overly-excited face.

“Um…”

“It won’t interfere with school. You’ll only have to fly to New York at least once a month.  And any project runways, you’ll know beforehand.” Mom said.

“And you get to keep the clothes you model,” winked Ms. Alexander.

“So do you want to do it?” asked Mom.

OMG! This was too much to take. But think of all those clothes. And it sounds like a lot of fun. Just say yes Zhane just say yes! 

“Yes!” I said excitedly. Oops, I sound way too eager.

“I mean, yea sure, sounds like fun.” I said nonchalantly, flushing a little.

Mom beamed at me. “Great!” said Ms. Alexander.

“So Friday after school , you’ll be getting a makeover, then on Saturday some training and a whole new wardrobe.” said Kate standing.

“Cool,” I said smiling.

“Thanks for coming Kate,” said my mom standing as well.

“No problem, she has a lot of potential,” 

They both walked out the living room talking like old friends. I heard the front door open and then silence. I bolted upstairs excitedly.

Wow. A model. Me? Hmmm.

I lay on my purple bed, (PURPLE IS AWESOME!) and daydreamed at the possibilities. Oh Yea! New York! I’ve always wanted to go there.

I throw my hands up in the air sometimes,

Saying Ayoo, Gotta let go,

I wannna celebrate and live my life,

Saying Ayoo, Baby let’s go

I sang along to the song, throwing my hands into the air.  Suddenly it cut off and then started again at the chorus. Weird. Where was the music coming from anyway? Oh crap! That was my new ring tone. I scrambled to find my phone and eventually found it under my bed. How did that get under there? 

I looked at the caller ID. Oy, it was my twin brother Xavier. 

“Hello brother,” I said

“Hello sister,” 

“What do you want?”

“Can you pick me up? Alex didn’t come to practice today so I need a ride.”

“Now?” I asked.

“Yea,”

“Ok bye” I sighed.

I got up and went to my large walk in closet that had a floor to ceiling mirror.

My black hair was fine, a little bushy and my bangs nearly covered my violet eyes which were hidden by black framed glasses. I looked like such a nerd. Why was I chosen to be a model? There were way more prettier girls. Sure I had the body but I didn’t actually wear the clothes to make me look appealing. I was more of  the t-shirt and jeans kind of girl. 

I straightened my blue t-shirt and  put on my purple converse. Then I ran down the stairs and got into my black BMW. Don’t ask me what kind, I don’t give a fish about cars.

________________________________________________________________

I stepped out of my car and a soccer ball came out of nowhere and nearly hit me.

“Ahh!” I screamed. “Hey, can you pass me the ball?” said a guy running up to me. Oh joy it was Mike. The biggest jerk in Blue Hill High. And oh my he was shirtless. What! I have to say his abs are fine even if he is a jerk. Don’t blame me, I am just another hormonal teenage girl.

“Oh, Zhaneya, hi,” he said grinning cockily.

“Hi,” I said flatly. I made no motion to pick it up so he bent down to pick up the ball which was beside me. Then he just walked off. 

Omg, no apology?! You arrogant jerk! You little scum!

  I stalked off after him to the soccer field. I saw the boys just milling around. And OMG there was Daniel. I’ve had a crush on him forever but he never paid me the slightest attention. Sometimes I just wanted to slap him .

“Yo Black!”  I turned to see Ray waving at me, my brother’s best friend.

“Hi Ray,” I said walking up to him. “Have you seen my brother?”

“Yea he just went to change.”

“Ok,” I stood there awkwardly not saying anything. I’m actually a quiet person,  but my mind is very hyper active. And according to people I’m close to, I can actually talk a lot. Which would only be Amy, Xavier, Lexie and my parents.

I want to slap myself. Say something stupid! I’m not stupid! Yes you are! Great now I’m talking to myself. How mental can you get Zhane.

Then Daniel walked up to us and I wanted to scream. A happy scream. “Nice work man,” he said slapping high-five to Ray.

“Thanks dude.”

“Hey Zhaneya,” he said nodding to me, his dark eyes boring into mine. OMG he knew my name. I wanted to melt, my name coming out of his mouth sounded all sexy. 

“Hi,” I said smiling a little. Inside I was screaming. “Hey guys. Ready to go Zhaneya?” asked my brother coming up behind me.

“Yea,” I turned and I have no idea how but Daniel was there and somehow he managed to step on the same foot I had dropped my bag on. It was still tender from earlier.

“Ow!” I screamed. “Ow, ow, ow!”  I crouched down and clutched my foot, sucking in my breath. My poor toe! What has it ever done to this world!?

“I’m sorry!” cried Daniel confused.

“Its ok, I just injured it earlier,” I said calmly standing up. Inside I was screaming. Aw it hurts!  

“Shoot, I’m really sorry. Are you gonna be ok? Do you want me to carry you to your car?” he asked sincerely.

Yes! Really Zhane? Yes really, he’s hot, don’t you want to feel his biceps? Oh God, stop talking to yourself. Shut up mind!

“Nah that’s ok, I can manage,” Way to go Zhane, way to pass your one chance.

  “You sure?” he asked concerned. Aww, he was so cute!

“Yea, c’mon Xavier. Bye Ray, bye Daniel,” I waved. They both smiled at me and waved. 

“Bye Black!” I heard Mike say. I thought the bye was for Xavier but then, “I said bye!”

Walk and do not look back Zhane. Just walk. Seriously? I’m talking to myself again? I swear I am NOT mental. Sure, just keep telling yourself that. Omg stop.  ___________________________________________________________

So what'd you think. Comment people! And maybe vote. Or even fan :)

I hope you guys liked the story!