Part 3 - Child of darkness

Start from the beginning

She remembered Jack, his wife was a patient of Derek's. She had Alzhimers. Well, that's what she thought. Because the trial was shut down she was unable to get the placebo that could possibly help her live longer.  Meredith looked at him with terror in her eyes. It was her fault his wife had died, not Derek's. She messed with the trial to save Addel. She swallowed nervously as she looked at Jack, his eyes burning into her skin.

"I-I. It was my fault she died, not his." Meredith stammered. "I got the trial to shut down so your wife was unable to get the drug she needed,"

"You better fix my sister then." Jack growled, his eyes wide with anger, he punched the ground as he stood up. His eyes welling with tears and his fists curled up in balls. "You better do it fast because i'm going to make your life a living hell while you are here." He spat, making Meredith flinch as he threatened to lunge toward her.

Jack turned around and started to stomp up the stairs, not looking behind him as he disappeared into the darkness of the staircase. As soon as Meredith heard the door slam shut she let out a gasp of air, she grabbed her chest trying to catch her breath. This was the first time she's ever been this scared in a while. As she continued to try and slow her breathing, she felt a gentle grasp of her shoulder. She looked over to see Lexie, who had tears growing in her eyes. She was scared too. Meredith could feel hot tears streaming down her cheeks, she couldn't stop the fast breaths that were coming in and out of her lungs. She was having a panic attack. She felt Lexie's hand move up and down her shoulder, trying to help her calm down in some way.

"Hey, you are Meredith Grey. Child of Darkness, you will make it through this alright?" Lexie whispered "Besides, I am that should be breaking down and becoming a mess, not you." She added.

Meredith let out a soft chuckle, she was the child of darkness and she was able to conquer anything that came at her. Meredith Grey breaking down in a crisis? That wasn't her at all. But she was still scared, she was scared for Lexie's safety as well as her own. She knew that she would get through it, but she didn't know if she'd make it out alive. Lexie made her realize, was that she needs to be strong for her little sister and go down fighting. That way Lexie would make it out alive.

At the hospital:

Word really does spread like wildfire at Seattle Grace Mercy death, I mean West. By the time Alex and Cristina told Bailey about Meredith and Lexie, there was a swarm of people surrounding them. Asking questions and trying to find answers. The small General surgeon became annoyed by the audience that had been formed in just seconds.

"I know we are all worried, but we all have a job to do. Save lives!" She yelled, making the crowd leave in a scramble. She let out a huff of air looking between the two anxious residents in front of her.

"So." Cristina mumbled, twiddling her thumbs. Her eyes glued to the floor.

"They will be found either way." Bailey spoke softly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I really hope so." Alex said, letting out a sad sigh.

"Guys." They heard an exasperated voice say behind them, they all turned to see no other than Derek Shepherd, holding his phone in his hand, with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Derek." Cristina sighed, looking at him. He looked so depressed.

"Shepherd, you shouldn't be up here." Bailey spoke softly

"He-He called me." He mumbled

"Who?" Alex asked confused

"The-Their kidnapper." He spoke trying to catch his breath, holding up his phone and pointing at it with his other hand.