Chapter 38- Try & Stop Me

Start from the beginning

My eyes narrow slightly “You know something don’t you?” I ask. She just shrugs “I know what I know. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to check on the other patients. Be good missy’ she sats before walking out, the door falling shut behind her quietly. I sighed and looked outside thoughtfully, wondering what was going on through my Dad’s head. Closing my eyes, I just let myself drift off into a world between awake and asleep, letting the day waste away to nothingness. 

In the end, I pretty much slept the day away, always in that half awake half asleep state of mind. Hearing things, smelling things, but not processing anything as I basically dozed all day. When I finally woke up from whatever that was, it was late afternoon and my Dad was sitting next to my bed asleep. I took the chance to just look at him closely, he seemed a lot older and tireder then I remembered. I wondered for a moment how he was doing back home with his business and how he was dealing with Mum’s death. It’d been a couple months now, she’d passed away back in early October and here it was early mid December. 

I watched as his eyes flicked open and met my gaze, our eyes looking for a moment as we just looked at each other. “You’ve got your mothers eyes you know” he says softly. I just look at him weird, wondering where the heck that remark came from but said nothing in return. It was true, I had my Mum’s eyes and my Dad’s hair and both gave me this awesome build. “39 years ago today, I met your the love of my life and then 7 years later, I got married to her” he says looking outside now. I blinked and snatched my phone up form the table side, December 9th 

Today was their anniversary of many things for my parents. When they first met, when they first started dating, when they got married. I smiled faintly and watched my Dad sit there thinking about my Mum for sometime. “Do you miss her Dad?” I asked after sometimes of silence. He nods slightly, turning to me “Very much so, I miss her very much and the idea of losing you to scares me. I can’t lose my two favorite girls in one year.” he says with a small smile.

I return it and hope out of bed, walking over to him and giving him a hug “I’m sorry I caused so much trouble and I’m sorry for hardly ever getting along with Mum. I miss her too even though I didn’t really get along with her. Sorry for getting into a fight at the wedding to and then just walking out” I say with a long sigh. My Dad just laughs softly and hugs me, pulling me into his lap like I was a little kid again “Well, you and Ryan got your feelings out, even if it was during a funeral and disrupting everything. I hope you two will get a long a bit better now”

I just shrugged “Maybe, I still prefer Jasper and Sora over him anyway.” I answered thinking back to when they were still around. 16 was to young for someone to die of something so horrible just as 13 was to young for someone to be getting into gang fights. Sighs pass through our lips at the same time as I get up, moving around the room and stretching some. I wanted these stupid cuts and crap to heal already but I knew it’d take sometime. 

“Look Spencer, the reason I want you to come home is because I need to make sure you wont get into more trouble and bad things” he says with a sigh. I glare at him slightly “And I refuse to leave because I’m perfectly fine. Just because of this one little thing doesn’t mean I’m falling back to old times. I was fighting for an actual reason and that reason is for Joey. She means a lot and I don’t want to leave her” I answered as calm as I could. 

Dad just sighs and shakes his head “I know that Spence but I’m bringing you home anyway, please don’t argue with me. I have to go talk to the school and get your records and transfer things. I’ll be back tomorrow to get you and then we can get your things” he says before walking out, leaving no time for me to protest. I growl and punch the wall after he leave, forgetting my hands were still hurt. 

I cursed and looked at my hand, making sure it wasn’t bleeding again or something. Once I decided all was fine, I sat down and sulked by myself. I still hadn’t seen Joey yet and I wanted to but I had no idea what the heck I’d tell her. I’d seem Rose eavesdropping on the argument I had yesterday and figured Joey knew by now. Hell, her freak out last night proved she knew. “THIS SUCKS SHIT!” I scream at the wall before punching it again.