The Bloated Dursley

"Speaking"

"Mental Speak"

'Thinking'

"Parseltongue"

Writing/Reading

"Yelling"

To say that Marge Dursley's stay at Number Four Privet Drive during July was a miserable time for Harry, Dudley, and Petunia, would be saying the least. When Petunia told Marge that Vernon was arrested for twelve years of child abuse, Marge was not very pleased about it. She often tried to remind Petunia of how they were in love with each other, and she made a marital vow to be obedient to him. She also took a particular interest in trying to torment Harry, for "getting her precious brother in trouble". Needless to say, she refused to leave Surrey until her monthly visit was finished, and got Vernon out on bail; unfortunately for her, that wouldn't happen since Vernon was put into jail without bail.

As time went by, Harry's time at Number Four came to feel no different when Vernon was in the house, with Marge around. His frustration at his former uncle's sister was growing with each passing day. Even her dumb bulldog Ripper wasn't much help, as he was constantly trying to bite Harry's ankles. The one consolation was that Ginny was helping to keep him calm via their mental link.

(Author's Note: I want it to be known that I do not think bulldogs are stupid; I vaguely recall that Harry did call Ripper a dumb dog in POA, though it has been a long time since I read the book so I could be wrong, and if Harry did call Ripper dumb it probably did have to do with him not liking the dog.)

"Just stay calm Harry," She said one day midway through July. "She won't be at Number Four for long, and she won't be able to convince your aunt to change her mind about Vernon."

Harry sighed heavily, as he had to admit that Ginny was right.

"You're right Gin," He said. "But she is so aggravating and seems intent on destroying the peace that Aunt Petunia, Dudley, and I have built after Vernon was taken away by the constables."

Via the link, Ginny sent calming waves to Harry, knowing that it would help him. It did help in a way, as Harry felt his muscles relax from her mental presence. As Harry relaxed, he thought back to what Petunia told him about his godmother. Ever since Marge had shown up, he had yet to have a chance to get in contact with her, even though Hedwig had returned from delivering Snape's letters from his parents. Harry did have to admit that he had to wonder if Daphne Greengrass, the Ice Queen of Slytherin, knew that her mother was his godmother, and if so why didn't she try to approach him in the past two school years and tell him? Then he thought of one particular person that would've given her a massive amount of grief if she was seen talking with Harry: Draco Malfoy.

Harry couldn't help but sneer at the thought that the annoying git Malfoy was keeping his godsister from being able to talk to him. There also might've had to be the fact that he was always with Ron and Hermione, thus giving Daphne no chance to talk to him alone. Regardless, Harry wasn't going to pass up any chances or opportunities to talk to Daphne or get in contact with his godmother.

"I think that's a good idea, Harry," Ginny said, the feelings of a smile on her face transmitting through their Bond. "Getting in touch with your godmother might be a good way to keep your mind off of Marge Dursley. Plus it'll give you a chance to learn the type of people your parents, particularly your mother, were during their time at Hogwarts."

"I guess you're right Ginny, I'll get started on it right now." Harry remarked, getting up from his bed, and walked over to his desk.

Harry opened the top drawer where he kept his writing paper and began writing out his letter to his godmother. With help from Ginny, Harry managed to write out an appropriate letter that sounded formal and respectful to a lady of an Ancient and Noble Family but also carried a tone that represented a desire to start a familial bond with his godmother, and her family. Finally looking over his letter, and with Ginny's help, he figured that it was appropriate to send it to her.