The Letters, & Unexpected Arrival

"Speaking"

"Mental Speaking"

'Thinking'

"Parseltongue"

Writing/Reading

"Yelling"

Harry found himself sitting on the new bed that his aunt had bought for him while Ginny had been staying with them. He had to admit, he liked having his aunt openly and freely showing him affection and being able to get him new things now that his walrus-sized uncle was no longer in the picture. Even Dudley finally cutting off any connection to his now-former friends, including his former best friend Piers Polkiss, was now able to make sure that Harry himself was left alone by those that terrorized him in their youth. Life sure was a lot better without Vernon Dursley; though admittedly, with a sad thought, the one thing that could make it a whole lot better would be if his parents were still alive.

Harry shook his head, trying to clear these depressing thoughts from his head. As he was doing so, he started feeling a presence within his head, a very familiar and pleasing one: Ginny.

"You okay Harry?" She asked, her concern evident over their mental link.

"Yeah Ginny, I was thinking to myself how much better my life with Aunt Petunia and Dudley is now," He replied, a small smile forming on his face. "And that it would be so much better if my parents were here."

Harry felt Ginny sent compassionate and soothing feelings through their mental link, causing him to feel a bit calmer from her presence. Ginny, through the link from where she was, decided to try to ease his mind by slightly changing the topic. Sadly, the only way she could do that was slightly talking about the one person who, other than his uncle, made Harry's life a miserable experience.

"Have you had a chance to send the letters that your parents wrote to Snape?" She asked, undoubtedly knowing the answer.

Harry hesitated to answer, as he pulled the aforementioned letters out of a drawer that he put them in. In full truth, he had absolutely no idea as to why his parents had written a pair of letters to a man that, as far as he knew, only had connections to his father. Harry always knew that Snape hated his father, so he could only guess that his father might've written the letter as an apology to Snape; but why would his mother write a letter to Snape? As far as Harry knew, Snape made no indication as to whether or not he knew his mother; though admittedly he did often notice that whenever Harry looked directly into Snape's coal-black eyes with his emerald green eyes that he inherited from his mother, Snape often flinched, very subtly, from Harry's gaze.

"Harry?" Ginny asked again, this time a little more forcefully, making Harry flinch as he knew that she wasn't going to take any short answer.

"No Ginny, I didn't." He finally answered timidly, a little concerned as to how Ginny was going to respond.

"HARRY JAMES POTTER!" Ginny yelled over their mental link, making Harry flinch. "Those letters were written to Professor Snape, by your parents! He has a right to receive those letters, and you can't keep putting it off. I know you and Professor Snape never get along well with each other, but you need to send those letters to him."

Harry sighed heavily and slumped back into his pillow. Deep down, he knew that she was right. Much as he had to send the letters to Snape, he wanted to know why his letter included one for him.

"You're right Gin," He said to her, feeling her grinning over their link, due to the nickname that he gave her. "But there's something I need to know before I send them to him."