He held onto his face as his mind registers what she just did. Linda's chest heaved up and down as adrenaline surged through her body. As she tried to walk out of the bathroom, Kevin yanked her hair violently, dragging her back inside.

Wincing in pain, she tried to remove her hair from his grip. He disregarded the pain she was feeling and grabbed her by the throat with his left hand as he leaned in closer to her.

"Let that be the last time you ever lay your hands on me."

"Okay? il mio amore." He cooed while pressing his lips on hers in a possessive manner but she shut her lips tight and bit his bottom lip.

A speck of blood spurted out and Kevin arched his brows up in amusement as he wiped off the blood from his lip. Clenching his jaw in anger, he flung his hand in the air aiming for her face.

Linda was too quick for him. She lowered her head and dodged the hit causing his hand to come in contact with the glass mirror behind her. He groaned angrily in pain and went after Linda as she ran out of the bathroom.

"I have to tell Steven. I can't do this to him."

She bawled, getting closer to the front door. Collecting her bag from the dining table, Linda attempted to exit until Kevin ran in front of her, obstructing her path.

"So you don't love me?" He growled demandingly with his slightly bruised hands placed on her shoulders.

Linda turned her gaze sideways, thinking of the perfect response. She was mindful of his temper in the beginning of their relationship but this was more than she bargained for.

Did she have feelings for him? Yes but not strong enough to label it as love. She had a moment of weakness, yes but she knew it would never result in love.

She had that with Steven before things spiraled out of control. Her current misery started the night she and Steven engaged in a heated argument pertaining to their overdue rent.

They were in the middle of getting evicted out of their home if they didn't find the money to pay the landlord by month's end.

The tips she was receiving weren't creating a surplus addition to her income. The essential needs for a baby are very expensive and the pressure was unbearable because everything was put on her and she was worn out.

It's been three months since she gave birth to Brena and two months since she started working at the cafe. The doctor was against her decision on seeking a job so soon. The order was to return to work 8 to 10 weeks after she gave birth to Brena.

Nonetheless, their financial situation left her with no choice.

Linda was known for her punctuality at the cafe. The night after her first fight with Steven, she ended up arriving to work an hour late. On that fateful day, Manuel James was not in charge but he gave the keys to the kingdom to Kevin.

When Kevin discovered of her late entrance, he summoned her to the office so he could understand the justification behind her tardiness. Linda however, was tired of talking.

She was so depleted to the degree that the tears she couldn't seem to find the previous night, spewed with no resistance in the presence of Kevin.