Chapter 25 - Their soul

Start from the beginning

"Yes. I am you. I am the parts of that you lack." Benjamin said. He held my, no, his blade of destruction in his hand. 

And yet, I felt calm. 

I rushed forward and slashed at him with my own blade. It hit his blade of destruction and sparks flew. Benjamin's expression turned to one of shock, like mine was moments ago. 

"Is that how you keep finding me? Are our souls linked or something?" I asked as our blades collided. 

"What the hell?!? How are you so calm about this!" He shouted. 

"Don't blame me. You're the one who got my emotions." I said, "It should be obvious. I'm the one who got the analytical side of my soul. Answer my question." 

Benjamin clenched his teeth in rage before pushing off of my blade and pushing me back. "I'm not answering shit! You can find those answers yourself." 

"Fine. Then I'll just take back the pieces of my soul that you have." I said. 

"That's not how this works!" Benjamin rushed at me with his Blade of Destruction. However, he was stopped in his tracks as a bullet came whizzing by him. 

"Thanks!" I shouted at Mine who had her rifle set up. Then, from behind Benjamin, I saw Incursio's figure crash into him. Tatsumi had kicked Benjamin away just as extra icing on top. 

"We're here to fight with you, (f/n)!" He shouted. 

"Right. You guys handle him! I'll go make sure the others are alright." I said, suddenly dashing away. 

"H-Hey! Don't you run away! Get back here!" Benjamin shouted behind me. He moved to try and come after me. But Tatsumi stepped in front of him. 

"I am your opponent!" He said. 

***

"Seryu! Doctor!" I shouted upon entering the room. 

"(F/n)...?" Seryu said, seemingly just waking up. 

Next to her, the doctor looked over to me, "What's going on out there? I heard some sort of explosion-like noise. I've just finished operating on her." 

I looked down at Seryu, who now had black and silver arms on her. I looked back at the doctor, "There's an enemy attack. I'm sorry, but you two need to go." 

"I understand. I'll help Seryu out." The doctor said. He reached his hand up and helped the still dazed Seryu off of the seat. "Your arms will feel heavy for a while, but you'll get used to it. Let's go." 

The doctor and Seryu began to slowly make their way out of what seemed to be a back door. "I'll come with you two and make sure everything is ok." 

I crept along with them and made my way out the back. Soon enough, the doctor made his way over to a secret cellar door covered by some leaves and dirt, "We'll be alright from here," he said. "This door leads right to a Revolutionary Army base." 

"Got it. Stay safe." I said, before walking back to head into the battle once more. 

I went through the doctor's building and out the front door and saw Tatsumi and Mine fighting Benjamin. He seemed to be struggling as Mine's bullets pinned him down while Tatsumi attacked using his fists in the armor. 

"Keep up the pressure. If we can capture, or even kill him here, then he won't be able to find me anymore." I said, surmising that our souls must be linked somehow, which is how he continues to locate us. "We should be glad that he hasn't found our base yet." I said as I slashed at him.