five

"the Prefects"

"First years, come on! With me, please!" Aria gestured to herself and McLaggen as they both rose from the their table

The Gryffindor eleven year olds shuffled towards them both.

"Okay, everybody listen up!" She started, "McLaggen and I, will take you to the Gryffindor Common Room. There is where you socialize, it's kinda like a big living room for all the Gryffindors." She explained so kids could understand, "From the Common Room, you can head to your rooms, where you'll sleep and your luggage is already waiting for you in them. And the notice board by the entrance has all sorts of information on it." Aria explained with a smile.

She turned to leave, the first years eagerly following in her wake, McLaggen staying at the back to make sure none of them got lost.

Various gasps came from behind her as they saw the moving staircases and painting for the first time.

They managed to get all of them onto the same staircase before it moved. "So," Aria smiled at some of the first years, "what's your favorite thing about Hogwarts so far?"

"I like the Great Hall!" One said happily and a bunch of others nodded their heads.
"I liked the train ride!" One of them said.
"What's your favorite thing?" One of the first years asked her.

"Well, good question. I like the Common Room, and the Great Hall. Oh and I love that my siblings are here with me!" Aria stated while they were on a another set of moving staircases.

They finally got to the Fat Lady's portrait, her pink dress cascading over the sides of the chair she was perched on.

"Ahh, Mrs Weasley, it's so good to see you again!" The painting spoke.
"It's good to see you too! How was your summer?" Aria asked.
"Oh, it was wonderful. Password?" Fat Lady spoke.

Aria looked around at the first years, gesturing them to listen up, "Fairy Dust!" She said and the portrait swung open, revealing the homey Common Room, that Aria missed so dearly.

"Right, follow me!" She led them into the tower, whispering a quick thanks to the portrait as she went on.

"Welcome to the Gryffindor Common Room!"

-

Having led the first years to their rooms, Aria and McLaggen had returned to the Great Hall, the prefects all sitting together on the both sides of the Hufflepuff table, facing the teachers.

"First off," Dumbledore started, "I want to welcome the new students to the prefect body!"
A round of applause broke out from the sixth and seventh years, Cedric looking at Aria and smiling at her when she looked at him back.

"Patrols are starting tonight, so find a partner. Make sure there are no students out bed, and remember prefects: you have the power to reduct points!"

"Make sure you know what is expected of you at all times and that you wear this badge with pride." McGonagall added.

Dumbledore nodding in approval, letting Hooch take over.

"Due to the Triwizard Tournament, the Quidditch Cup is not taking place this year." She stated.
Aria looked at Cedric, knowing how sad he might be. They looked at each other and exchanged a sad smile.

After being dismissed by Dumbledore, the prefects began to pair up. Most of them just went with the other in their house from their year.

"Do you want to be my partner?" Cedric asked from behind her.

Aria swiveled and breathed out a sigh of relief, "I would ask if that's even allowed but you just saved me from McLaggen."

-

Aria and Cedric had walked in comfortable silence for a few minutes now.
"I can't believe Hooch cancelled the Cup." Cedric mumbled.
"I know, I was getting excited about watching the twins play." She responded.

"Oh yeah, I would've wipe the floor with them if it wouldn't got cancelled." Cedric said jokingly.
"I think you've got the houses mixed up there, Diggory!" Aria said with a grin.
"No, I think you have."
Aria rolled her eyes with a smile, before stopping and gesturing for Cedric to do the same. "Can you hear that?"
They both listened, before hearing something near where the Hufflepuff Room was located.

Cedric groaned, "It's probably my lot." Before leading the way to the voices.

Aria had never seen the entrance to his Common Room, assuming it was a portrait jut like hers. But was faced with a wall high assortment of barrels laying on their sides.

As if by instinct, Cedric drew his wand and tapped the right barrel, the wall seeming to melt away, revealing the entrance.

Cedric walked through the pathway, noticing how the voices had lapsed into silence. He turned around and laughed at Aria, still standing in the corridor. "You can come in you know?" He said with a smile.

She chuckled and followed him. The Hufflepuff Common Room was circular, with windows high on the yellow walls, the room was filled with green plants. Sofas were arranged nicely around the fireplace. Several books left on the tables beside the windows.

"I know now why Hufflepuffs are good at Herbology."

Cedric chuckled, looking around for any rogue students. Aria has rarely been alone with Cedric, but a warm, bubbly and exciting feeling rose in her stomach, but she quickly pushed it away.

"There's no one here." Cedric said, looking at her in confusion, before his expression morphed into realization, "It came from the kitchens."

The door melted back into existence behind them as they paced across the corridor and into the kitchens.

They came running into the kitchens, "Why am I not surprised?" Aria asked the people in front of her.

"Fred, George. What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Hello there, to you too sis" Fred greeted.
"Eating leftovers, of course!" George answered.

Aria rolled her eyes, before walking in front of the twins, "Out. Now!"
"Aww, you are so cute, Aria." George stated. "You are turning into Percy."
She looked at them in anger, "Out!"
"Now Ari, why would we want to do that?" Asked Fred.
"Don't make me deduct points from my own house, on the first day!"
The twins burst out laughing, "You wouldn't, Ari." One of them started.
"You are too proud!" The other one finished.

"No," Cedric smirked, moving to stand in front of her proudly, "but I would!"

Fred got up and pulled George out of the kitchen, their heads hanging low and both of them with a frown on their face.

Aria turned to Cedric, "Sorry, my brothers are idiots." He smiled back at her, and sat on one of the chairs
"Nah, I think they are alright."

Aria sat on the chair beside him, their shoulders just inches apart.
"Thanks for the help, by the way." She said with a smile.
"Don't worry about it, it was kinda fun!" He looked at her happily.

After some time, they were done, with their prefect duties. Smiling at the thought of being at Hogwarts again. They both left the kitchens and after saying goodbye, went into their separate directions to their Common Rooms.