𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

Elena stepped away from the vampires and began to practice with the rest of the cheerleading squad. Klara turned to Stefan, who clearly didn't understand what had gone on. "So, the sire bond doesn't seem to have stuck. She fed."

Stefan sighed frustratedly as he and Klara took their seats. "Well, that hospital seem to have missing blood bags in its blood supply. I'm guessing that's not a coincidence."

"So, what's the plan?" Klara asked as she watched the cheerleaders go through their routine. The girls gathered around and tossed Caroline into the air, but on the drop-down, Elena stepped away to ensure Caroline fell onto the ground. "You have got to be kidding me."

"Time for plan B."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Stefan and Klara had vervained Elena and took her back to the Salvatore house to ensure that she could hurt or feed on anyone else at school. They concluded that it probably wasn't the best place for her, especially since the sire bond didn't work anymore.

Elena gasped awake as she sat up in Damon's bed and her eyes immediately fell to Klara who stood beside her. "What'd you do to me?" She groggily asked, then realized. "Oh. Right. You and my ex-boyfriend have grounded me because I dropped Caroline on her thick head."

"Well, that and because you fed on someone. But, not only that, you did it in public." Klara folded her arms across her chest whilst Elena rolled her eyes and lifted herself from Damon's bed. "What if someone saw you, Elena?"

"Then, I'd kill them, too." The doppelganger shrugged as if it were no big deal. "Look, I was hungry so I fed. We're vampires, Klara. Don't punish me because I'm handling it so much better than you are."

"You're handling it better than I am?" Klara scoffed in disbelief as Elena began to rummage through the drawers for a shirt. "Elena, you've turned your humanity off. I don't think you're in any sort of position to take the moral high-ground on handling, alright?" Klara rolled her eyes.

"You realize that I could have your boyfriend any time that I like, right?" As Elena pulled a red shirt over her head, she turned around the face the blonde once more. "Let's be honest, he's only with you because he can't have me. Maybe when this is all over, Stefan and I could get back together again."

Nothing but a chuckle escaped Klara's lips as she stepped threateningly toward the brunette vampire."Okay, that's twice you spoken to me like shit, today. There won't be a third, Elena." 

Elena rolled her eyes and walked out of the room just as EDM music flooded through the house. Klara raised an eyebrow and followed the doppelganger down the staircase to see dozens of people, as well as Stefan. "You invited all these people over here?" The Salvatore asked toward Elena.

"You and your girlfriend were trying to keep me from joining the party, so... I brought the party here." Elena gave the couple a devilish grin and then headed off into the crowd of people.

"It won't last. They'll either drink all the booze and get bored, or Damon will come home and kill everyone." Stefan chuckled lightly as Klara moved her arms over his shoulder. "We just have to enjoy the party and keep Elena from killing anyone else."

"Enjoy the party?" Klara scoffed as she let her body sway to the music gently. "Did I just hear Stefan Salvatore use the phrase, enjoy the party?"

"I think you did." He playfully smirked back and then grabbed hold of Klara and threw her over his shoulder. "Come on, you and I are owed a little bit of fun."

Stefan dropped Klara down and the two stood dancing and giggling in the middle of the room. Klara loved it when they could be exactly how they were—enjoying themselves. They had absolutely no care in the world and they were left to be completely free. Stefan spent most of the time showing her his awful dance moved and she laughed so much she genuinely could feel abs growing, 

Elena noticed the two interacting and jumped off the table she was dancing on to walk over to them. "Aw, look at you two. You really are in love, aren't you?"

"Careful, Elena. Starting to sound like you care." Klara retorted in an almost vicious tone as she kept one arm swung around her boyfriend's neck.

"Caring implies emotion and we've already established those are useless." The doppelganger shrugged.  "You know before I turned my emotions off, I was interested to know how long you two had felt like this about each other, but now—now I really couldn't care less."

Elena twirled on her feet and walked away from the couple, which left them with an awkward silence between them. "She's been giving me comments like that about you the entire day," Klara spoke through gritted teeth. "I swear, Stefan, I'm gonna—"

"Mom!" Caroline's scream rang through their ears. Stefan and Klara both turned to the front door where they saw Elena had Liz pinned by against the wall by her throat. Caroline threw Elena away from her mother and attempted to lunge at the doppelganger until Klara grabbed her.

"Caroline, stop it. Calm down." She urged the blonde who squirmed in her hold. "You don't wanna cause a scene in front of all these people."

"I don't care. I'm gonna wring her skinny little neck!" The Forbes spat just as Elena sped straight past them and out of the front door without a second thought.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Elena!" Klara called out as she walked around the forest hoping to bump into the doppelganger. She, Caroline, and Stefan had all split up in an attempt to locate Elena since it would be easier to cover more ground. "Elena!"

The blonde heard some sort of fighting in the short distance ahead and immediately recognized the voices. She sped in the direction of the sound and tossed Elena away from Caroline, just before she staked her with a stick.

"Caroline." Klara breathlessly called out as she looked over to her best friend who sighed in relief. "You okay?"

The Forbes girl nodded thankfully just as Elena got back up to her feet and chuckled. "Oh, Klara, you really need to stop getting involved with things that don't concern you."

"Stop being a bitch and maybe I'll stop." Klara gave Elena a tight-lipped grin as the doppelganger began to circle her. "Oh, right. You gonna try and stake me next, huh? God, you really have lost yourself, haven't you?"

"Maybe it's what you deserve. The minute I found out that you had feelings for Stefan, I wanted to drive a stake right through your heart." Elena sneered viciously. "Maybe I should've done it."

"Like you'd have been able to do that." Klara chuckled immediately which spurred Elena to lunge at her. The blonde ducked out of the way as Elena stumbled to the ground. 

Elena got back up to her feet, but Stefan and Damon intervened and grabbed hold of her before she could attack anyone else. "Let go of me!"

"I admit, under any other circumstances, this would be a major turn-on." Damon chuckled to his brother whilst he tried desperately to keep Elena steady.

"Get her out of here. Go." Stefan ordered Damon, who immediately disappeared with Elena in his hold. His gaze then turned to his girlfriend. "You good?"

"Always." Klara nodded in response before she helped Caroline up from the ground. "I'm more worried about Caroline. Are you okay?" Caroline nodded slowly.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───