𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"Okay." Elena nodded with a gleeful smile on her face as she stepped back into the bathroom with clothes. 

"See. How hard was that, huh?" Damon wriggled his eyebrows toward the rest of the group as Caroline groaned.

"Hey, I'm gonna get going. I'll see you later on." Stefan spoke in Klara's direction as he gently pressed his lips against hers. "Love you."

"Love you, too."

Klara's eyes followed her boyfriend as he left the room, but they immediately focused on Caroline who stood with a smile on her face. "Ugh, you two are just adorable." Caroline chuckled.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The bell that indicated the end of the period rang and Klara immediately gathered up her textbooks from her desk and wandered out of class. She half expected to enter the hallway and see a path of completely drained students waiting for her, but unusually, that didn't happen.

The blonde stepped over to her locker and cramped her books in and slammed it shut just before Klara headed into the gym where the cheerleaders were preparing for the basketball match. "God. I really regret not joining the team." Klara spoke aloud as she wandered over to Caroline who stood wearing her cheerleading uniform.

"I told you the outfits were super cute, did you listen to me?" Caroline scolded with a playful look just as Elena walked into the gym. She was wearing the exact same uniform as Caroline, which caused Klara's eyebrow to raise. "The uniform still fits. You look fantastic. We are totally gonna kick Grove Hill's ass!"

"You've, uh, you've rejoined the team?" Klara asked Elena with a raised eyebrow. The last she heard was that Elena had dropped out of the cheerleading squad because she didn't really care about it anymore.

"Wow. You're observant as ever. I can definitely see what Stefan sees in you." The doppelganger responded with a bitter sneer as Klara almost scoffed in response. "I need some air. I'll be back."

Caroline folded her arms over her chest as she watched Elena exit the gym once again. She glanced at Klara, who seemed a little wounded by her friend's words. "Ignore her. It's not her talking."

"Oh, I know. I had all of this drama with Stefan, I just had to trust that what he was saying wasn't how he truly felt." Klara exhaled stressfully as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Trouble is, with Elena, I can't help but think there's an element of truth."

Caroline furrowed her brows as she began to stretch in preparation for the game. "What? Are you serious? Why?" 

"Well, I mean, I essentially stole her boyfriend, Caroline."

"No, you didn't." He blonde retorted almost immediately. "She kissed Damon, and look— it's in the past, okay? You have nothing to feel guilty for, Klara." Soon thereafter, Elena entered back into the gym with a blue ribbon in her hair which caused Caroline's irritation to grow. "What's with the ribbon? That's not even our colors?"

"Oh, my God." Klara's eyes moved to the blonde girl on Grove Hill's cheer team that conveniently was missing hair ribbon and wore a scarf around her neck. "You fed on that girl?"

"Hello? Did you not hear what Damon told you?" Caroline flapped her arms around to express her discontent with Elena's actions.

"I did, but who cares? I'll do whatever I want." Elena shrugged with a careless attitude just as Stefan wandered over with a raised eyebrow. 

"Everything alright?" He asked with one hand in the pocket of his jeans while he eyed up Caroline and Klara who both stared, bewildered, at Elena.

"Yeah, as soon as these two back off, everything will be fine."