Chapter 1

If I told my younger self that I would be going out with guys other than Harry Potter, I wouldn't have believed myself. But yet here I am, in a relationship with Dean Thomas, one of Harry's friends. We had been owling over the summer and I asked him out. Naturally he said yes. Hermione is the only one that knows right now and I'm not exactly looking forward to telling Ron, knowing he'll go all "big brother" in my face.
A few weeks before we have to go back to school, Hermione shakes me awake.
"Ginny! Ginny wake up!"
"Huh?" I ask groggily.
"We are going to Diagon Alley today!" she exclaimed.
"So?" I say.
"So we have wake up and eat breakfast before heading out!"
Even after Voldemort's return Hermione can still get excited over going school supply shopping.
"Any word on if you'll be meeting Dean there?" she inquires curiously.
"No, I told you we are meeting up in the train. Now would you stop asking me about him and go downstairs to eat with me!" I said fiercely. Hermione just shook her head and started out of the room we share. "Sorry I didn't mean for it to come out that way," I apologized "I'm just a little tired that's all." In response Hermione just smiled and took my hand, leading me out the door and down into the kitchen. Mum was busy building a feast as usual.
" 'Morning mum, Ron, Harry." I said while sitting down next to Harry.
" 'Morning Ginny!" Mum replied. Ron gave a slight nod in response and Harry smiled at me. Just then the morning post arrived, bringing our Hogwarts letters and Ron's, Hermione's, and Harry's OWLs.
"How'd you do?" I asked excitedly.
"Fairly well." replied Ron.
"Pretty good." said Harry.
"Hermione?" I asked tentatively, "How did you do?"
"Let me guess," said Ron, "You think you could have done better." Hermione's only response was a slight nod. "Blood hell Hermione! Nine Outstandings and one Exceeds Expectations!"
"Never mind that," said Mum, "Breakfast is served!"
After we all ate the feast that Mum calls breakfast we got ready and headed out for Diagon Alley.