| 12 - Final || Denny's |

//

"Back then I wasn't going to come back. But then I got a call from my father's hospital... They said he had passed away." Mami spoke quietly with their foreheads together, Tomomi's back against the wall.

"I'm sorry..."

Mami shook her head. "Honestly, I was relieved. I felt free because I never had to worry about him again and I hated that feeling. It's horrible and ate at me on the inside..." Tomomi kept her eyes cast down, watching her take a deep breath. "I couldn't stand not knowing how you were. If I get a phone call about you years from now, I wouldn't be able to bear it. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I had walked away from you, too." Her lips trembled and she bit at the bottom until it bled. Tomomi kissed it, tasting the sliver of iron on her tongue and inhaling deeply.

"I wouldn't have blamed you," she spoke quietly, too. "I know you hate what I do. I know it reminded you of your father and how he treated you after he got abused. Getting as far away from me, and him, would've been the best for you." Tears slid down Mami's pale cheeks. "It didn't matter to me, there was only so far I could go. I could've lived without you, and you could've lived without me..."

"...but I wouldn't be nearly as happy-"

"Or nearly as angry," Tomomi laughed. Mami smiled and nodded. "It wouldn't be the same, would it?"

"I wouldn't find anyone else like you. You're my best friend," Mami said honestly. Their relationship had always been honest and straightforward. There were no labels, no ulterior motives, no explanations needed. It was just the two of them. It was raw. And it was beautiful. "I wouldn't have it any other way..." That was what they unknowingly found out while being together and creating a world of their own amidst a larger society that required acceptance. They didn't need its acceptance. They kissed each other with a distinct passion, without a definite reason or a definite future. All they knew was this present feeling. Tomomi whimpered softly as Mami nibbled her neck, licking her as if she dripped with everything she'd ever wanted. That was how she made her feel, like she was everything. Tomomi brought her back up to kiss again, arching her back at how good it felt when the rough cotton slid up against her erect nipples. The sun was rising slowly, hitting the window and creating a box of warm light on the floor. Darkness turned to a soft glow like a switch had been flipped, all the little dusts visible and floating about in the air.

"You know you're amazing, right?" Tomomi said, pressing their bare legs together.

"So are you," she mumbled back.

"You're the only one who sees me that way."

Mami was quiet, staring at their hands.

"That's enough for me."

//

The door clicked shut and no were-cat greeted her or the sound of the stove cooking. Tomomi dropped her overcoat on the pristinely tucked bed sheets and walked over to the kitchen space. She stopped to read a note on the refrigerator,

-       plate is hot! use these oven mitts *insert doodle of oven mitts* -

then opened it to grab a bottle of water. She checked the oven and smiled upon seeing a tray of one special Denny's breakfast bonus meal. Things clattered as she searched around for the oven mitts and when she found it, took out the meal and set each plate onto a separate, cooler tray and brought it to the couch. The TV snapped on and she settled in, eating the dinner Mami deliciously prepared. Her luggage was gone and in its place was a new, black clothed guitar case that also seemed to have a note on it. Tomomi stretched and leaned her arm over the armrest, chewing as she watched one of her favourite shows on re-run.

//