Court

I sat in the back of the courtroom listening to Tony testify where Sonya is totally switching up his words. I know how he feels.

I got a text with a picture attached from Cyrus. Who the hell would burn the field? This school is freaking unbelievable at this point.

I resumed my attention to the proceedings. "Do you have a violent past?" Why is the Baker's lawyer bringing this up? Shit! I mean, he does have anger issues but don't we all?

I got another text, this time from Chloe, asking if I was coming to the game. I told her no. I couldn't deal with Bryce and more testosterone junkies. I got another text from Cyrus saying that they were going to the pit later and could come if I wanted. Maybe I should spend time with my mom.

~

"Hey, I'm home!" I announced, getting no response. I peeked in the kitchen. "Hello?" I got a bottle of grape juice from the fridge walking outside. My eyes scanned the area seeing nothing. Maybe she's at work again. I walked up the long, winding staircase sipping on the juice.

I heard groaning and a thud. "Mom!" I yelled, walking quickly towards her room. The noise got louder and more frequent; I sprinted a bit "Mom what's wron-" I gasped, the bottle falling from my hand.

"Ella it's.." my dad fell off the bed.

"Ew, Ew Ew Ew Ew" I quickly sprinted down the hall.

"Ella, where are you going?" I heard my mom call, but I kept moving till I got in my car. I just saw my parents having sex. "Oh my god, I just saw my parents having sex!" I yelled out loud. How could she? My head is spinning. I need to pull over.

I mean, I did want things to go back to normal but is that really the right choice?

I took out my phone and contemplated calling that one person who would understand, but I couldn't. That would be going against everything I want to stand for, but he's family. He does care for me at the end of the day.

Bryce: Ella, what's wrong?

Ella: I need to talk

Bryce- Come over

I threw my phone in the passenger seat and made the short drive towards his house. I got out of the car, and he was outside waiting already. "You okay? Did you get hurt?" He asked. "No, my parents were having sex", I replied dryly, walking past him into the house. I heard the door close, and his arm wrapped tightly around my shoulder. "Do you want anything to eat?" He asked.

"Not right now maybe some water", I sighed, going outside. "Talk to me," he let out, sitting next to me, passing a glass. I took a breath and started speaking while he listened.
   "I mean I agree this whole fucking trial shit is annoying", he replied angrily. I stared at him. "You didn't rape anyone? Not even Jessica?" I asked. "Nope", he replied, taking a swig of his beer.

"Mm, thanks for talking I'll see you tomorrow at your trial" I got up. He grabbed my arm. "You can stay" he cleared his throat. "If you want to. It could be like old times you can sleep in my bed, and we could tell stories or watch a movie." I sucked my teeth. "And as creepy as that sounds Bryce, we can't do that, it's weird. We're older now it's not innocent nor is it sweet!"

He chuckled. "Yeah, I guess it is. Have you talked to Justin yet?" He asked me, "Not really why?" I rocked nervously. "No reason well drive safe" he took another swig of his beer "Goodnight Bryce."

Morning

The ride to court was awkward, to say the least, my parents wanted to talk about yesterday, and I didn't want to talk about it, AT ALL. We waltzed in, seeing Bryce's mom walking away from the two guys.

"Hi...where is Laura going?" My mom asked, concerned. Bryce's dad shrugged his shoulders. "Oh, you know emotions." I rolled my eyes. "I'll go check on her", my mom walked off. "Ella, you and Bryce talk, we're gonna talk over here real quick," my dad said to me.

"Hey cuz", he greeted me. "Why do you have on those glasses?" I asked. "The lawyer said it would make me look more innocent " he shrugged. "If you're innocent, why would you have to do anything besides tell the truth?" He grabbed my arm. "Ella, you know they wanted me. Hannah really wanted me."

"Until she didn't right, so you took matters into your own hands' yup great. You're a rapist. You hurt all those girls, and for what? Huh? For what? Your sick, aren't you?" I gave him a sharp look. He just stared at me; I turned and entered the courtroom angrily. After a while, people slowly started piling in.

I saw Alex come in with Mrs Baker. "Alex hi!" I got up, hugging him. "Do you want to sit with us?" He asked. "Us?" He readjusted his posture. "Clay, Justin and Tony they're coming soon." I contemplated the repercussions. "Sure what the hell" we sat down together on the opposite side.

"Ella, what are you doing?" Bryce asked, looking pissed. "Sitting", I replied sweetly. "Wrong side", he hissed. "Bryce leave it." His dad hissed sternly.

"Ellie", I smiled at Justin's nickname for me. "Oh Justin hi" I got up and hugged my childhood friend tightly. "Your still beautiful", he complimented me. "And your still charming" I kissed his cheek. As the questioning began, I couldn't believe the person Bryce had become it's sick. He gets mad if a guy so much as looked at me far less physically touch me. Did I have on rose coloured glasses all along?

"Was there anything in your encounter that would have led Hannah to report that she had been raped?" Baker's lawyer asked him. "I...I wish I knew," he sighed. "I would never do that to any girl. When I think about my mom, my cousin or my girlfriend..."

"Guys, Chlöe took off", Clay whispered to us.

"I would never want anyone to hurt them, and I would never hurt Hannah."

We stood outside and watched as the jocks greeted Bryce happily. "He lies through his fucking teeth, and everybody shakes his hand," Tony commented angrily. "Are we sure he lied?" Clay asked. "Jesus, Clay, come on. Those fucking glasses," Tony vented. "I agree those were a bit much", I added in.

"We can't tell Jessica about any of this," Alex spoke up. I raised my eyebrow. "Why not? She deserves to know."

"I agree with Ella. We have to tell Jessica. We need Chlöe" Clay looked at us. As usual, he's up to something, and I don't wanna know.