Chapter 2

I got back from work early today, so JoJo and I decided to watch Hamilton on Disney+. He made Guns and Chips, Satis-Fries, and Aaron Burr-Gers. Let me wrap it up for you- there was a lot of screaming at the TV screen. 

We were at the intermission when I started getting a lot of notifications on my Twitter. I picked up my phone and saw that my good friend, Kahuna was tagging me in millions of photos. I paused the TV and JoJo looked at me. 

"What happened?" he asked, looking at my new expression, plastered with joy.

"You know how Timm is a competitive dancer?" I asked. JoJo nodded. "His competitors were trying to find dirt on him before his next competition." 

"Did they succeed?" asked JoJo.

"It says here that on a trip abroad when he was a student at NYU, Timm was assigned to find new talent. This person found that he wasn't allowing black applicants to audition." I read. I watched as JoJo's eyes sharpened. I showed him the posts. 

"This... this is..." trailed JoJo. "I'm honestly at a loss for words. He must be 'cancelled' or whatever kids call it nowadays, right? It'll correct itself?" 

"I'm exploiting the hell out of this." I murmured under my breath. 

"What?"

"Think of how many allies we could make if we contact whoever got this information." I said. "We could do so much more than 'cancel' Timm."

"You have more tea?" asked JoJo. I nodded. A sly grin spread across his face. "Can't you sue him or something?" 

"Yeah, but first, I need Coffee." I said.

"Me too." JoJo replied as we both trailed into laughter. We finished Hamilton and met again the next day. 

- - -

The next day at the freezeria, I checked back on Twitter. The tweet about cancelling Timm went viral, but nobody seemed to agree. I read the comments. 

"This is the first time he's done something wrong."

"You can't blame Timm! He wasn't in charge of auditions!"

"That doesn't stop me for stanning him. Still an unproblematic king." 

I scoffed. I was ready to wield my twitter fingers, but then JoJo arrived. 

"Hey, Quinn!"

"LOOK AT THIS?" I whisper-shouted. JoJo read the comments on the tweet and sighed.

"A classic case of pretty privilege." He said, dissapointed. "These people are letting him off easily just because he's famous, rich, and attractive." 

I stood up. "We cannot let this stand!" I raged. "Timm has made so many people's lives miserable, including me."

"Well, that's the problem. The public barely know how you've been dehumanized by Timm. The people need to know your whole story before we can put an end to his reign." 

"Why didn't I start my law firm with you?" I replied, followed by a sprinkle of laughter. 

"But seriously, the people need to know your story. If we want less people like Timm running around, we need to know what kind of a person Timm is." JoJo clarified.

I took a breath. "Get ready for some serious tea."