"kiss me mama!" derek cheered, penelope gushed.

"oh please, mistletoe or not, i'll take you any day."

she smirked as she grabbed him by the shirt, kissing him on the cheek.

to which everyone cheered, and laughed.

and after a while everybody made their way out, leaving spencer and aurora.

"thank you spence, i loved the gift." aurora hugged him, as she planted a kiss on his forehead.

a shade of red crossed his cheeks, "of course."

"oh, so.." she muttered, "i got you a gift."

"but you got penelope for secret santa..?"

she shrugs as she went to her room to grab the books that were wrapped, and the other that had the cup, "i know, but still."

handing them to him, he accepts and opens the one where coffee tumblr was wrapped, then moving to where the books were wrapped.

spencer's eyes lit up when he saw them, he looks up with a soft smile, "this might catch you as a surprise but i've never read pride and prejudice."

aurora smiled with satisfaction, "really? i would hope so because i couldn't decide which books i wanted to get you. well, i was afraid that you wouldn't like it.. or that you had already read it, you know?"

he beamed, noticing she was the one rambling. getting up he cups her face, placing a kiss gently on her lips.

"i love it."

although the two had only been dating for small amount of time, he had the urge to say i love you. spencer wasn't the one to move so quickly, but to him, everything felt so right with aurora. as if it was always meant to be for the two to be together, against anything that were to come their way.

"let's watch some christmas movies." spencer suggested.

seeing aurora with a smile plastered on her face. knowing she would love to. "alright. home alone first then we'll watch.. oh my god the polar express."

he chuckles seeing her face light up, "of course, i'll make us some hot chocolate."

david rossi's mansion
third person pov.
9:34pm

it was new year's eve, and everybody was there. even will, henry and jack were there as well.

it would just be a few hours until the clock hits twelve and everyone was excited for the new year, and what's to come with it. a fresh start, and anything in between.

aurora was playing with jack and henry, not because she really had to, but she wanted to. plus, will, hotch and jj won't have to worry as much about where they are.

"she's really good with kids." jj admits with a chuckle.

"she is, i feel like she's a kid magnet, that woman is always talking and playing with one." penelope laughs.

"okay jack, henry. why don't we take a little break and go eat something?" aurora asks as they were out of breath from running around seeing as they were playing tag.

"okay." the two responded, following aurora shortly to the table outside which had an array of foods

after they got what they wanted to eat, the three sat down at the table where spencer was.

"you know, you should be a teacher. you're really good with kids." spencer suggests as he took a sip of his wine.

aurora chuckles, "i don't think i could do it all the time. love kids, just a lot of work to take care and look after other people's you know."

"actually, when it comes to child development, it's been said that the most crucial milestones in a kid's life occur by the age of seven. in fact, the great greek philosopher aristotle once said, 'give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man.'" spencer said as a matter of factly.

she smiles, "oh really? yeah but i'm also studying criminalogy which has nothing to do with kids."

"good point." spencer responds.

"hey aurora.." henry asks poking her arm.

"yes henry?"

"can we play now? i'm done eating."

she smiles, "we'll wait until jack is done, then after we have to wait a bit til your food goes down so you don't get sick from running around too much."

he nods and goes over to jj.

after a while, it was three minutes til the clock hit twelve.

there everybody was gathered around the tv that was on the wall, watching the ball slowly drop at times square.

everybody had champagne in hand, and there stood spencer and aurora beside each other. he had his arm around his, and she was leaning against him.

and the countdown began, "5..4..3..2..1.."

"happy new year!" everybody cheered, jj and will kissed, hotch kissing beth, and the others hugged one another, with big smiles.

aurora smiles looking up to spencer, who also had a smile plastered on his face.

"happy new year bub."

he leans down and places a kiss on her lips, "happy new year rory."

the new year was spent with laughs, smiles, and the company of the people aurora loved. she couldn't have thought of a better way to kick off the new year.

a/n
hi guys!! sorry for a half-assed chapter
i'm not feeling too good, so sorry if
i'm late with updates as well:(
but, TY FOR 6K READS :') ILY 🥺
also i hope you enjoyed :)