Stefan handed the man his weapon back, as if to show that they were not a threat. The two of them then took seats, facing the teacher, letting him know that they indeed just wanted to talk, figure out who he was. "Now, as Liza asked you before, who are you?" Mr. Saltzman looked between the two, "I'm a teacher." Liza chuckled, looking at Stefan who asked the teacher "Are we going to have to do this the hard way?" "I'm also a historian, and while researching in Virginia, I made a few discoveries about your town." Liza then pointed to the weapon the teacher had, "So you show up like Van Helsing? Come on dude, just tell us the truth." Mr. Saltzman looked at the two of them and chuckled, "My wife was a parapsychologist. She spent her life researching paranormal activity in this area. It was her work that led me here." Liza nodded while Stefan continued asking questions, "Where's your wife?" Mr. Saltzman looked directly in his eyes, "Dead. A vampire killed her." Liza looked to Stefan and then back to the teacher, "Where's the Gilbert journal?" Alaric looked between the two of them, "What do you want with it?" "Where is it?" "It's on my desk." Liza looked at him with furrowed eye brows, "No, it's not." He looked to the desk and them back to them, "It was on my desk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza had moved off the desk and was now pacing the room, wondering who else could have the journal, while Stefan was still questioning the teacher. "How long have you been aware of me?" Mr. Saltzman sighed, "I learned just recently. What about your brother?" Liza quickly turned to face the teacher, if you asked Stefan, she turned a little too fast. "You met Damon." Liza chuckled, of course he did, she thought. The teacher turned to look at her, "Who do you think killed my wife?" Stefan and Liza looked at each other, knowing that little fact would make things complicated. Stefan looked at the teacher, "Are you certain it was Damon?" The teacher turned back to him after studying Liza's reaction to the sudden topic change, "I witnessed it." Liza sighed, "If you're here for revenge, this is gonna end very badly for you." The teacher and Stefan looked at her, "I just want to find out what happened to my wife." "I thought you just said that Damon..." "Yeah, I saw him draining the life out of her," Liza looked down, suddenly feeling bad for the man, "He must have heard me coming, he just, disappeared. So did her body. They never found her."

Stefan and Liza looked at each other before sighing, the vampire spinning his head back to the man across from him, "Damon can never know why you're here. He'll kill you without blinking." "I can take care of myself." Liza chuckled at his confidence, "No you can't, but we can help you, if you let us." The teacher looked at them, then to his desk, hesitating his answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liza was brainstorming the entire ride home, making Stefan look at her weirdly as she was unusually quiet. "What's wrong?" Liza looked at him quickly before looking back to the road, her knuckles turning white as she gripped the steering wheel tighter. "Nothing's wrong, I'm just thinking. Who else could have taken it? I haven't see any other vampires, and trust me, I would know if I did." Stefan looked out his window on the passenger side, thinking about what she said. "I don't know."

When Liza and Stefan has arrived at the banshee's house, they never expected Damon to be there as well. The three plus Elena had walked onto the porch once Stefan told them someone stole the Gilbert Journal. "Who took it?" Damon was furious, that was evident. "We don't know." The blue eyed vampire quickly faced the others, "You know what, it's that teacher. There's something really off about him." Liza shook her head, she never use to lie before all this, now it seems like that was all she did. She hated it. "No, he doesn't know anything. Somebody got to him right before me." Damon looked between the three facing him, "Who else knew it was there?" Stefan looked at Jeremy through the window, Damon quickly catching on, making his way inside to question the Gilbert boy.