"Yes, sir?" she smiled, hurrying over to where he stood.

"I'd like to see you try harder next time."

"Oh, I tried my best, sir! I'm afraid my quirk isn't all that great, but I promise I won't let you down!"

He stared down at her with sullen, calculating eyes, as if trying to find something.

"I see."

_______________________________________________

Ito Naoko

50-meter Dash: 10th place

Grip Strength: 11th place

Long Jump: 10th place

Side Step: 9th place

Shot Put: 11th place

Distance Run: 9th place

Toe Touch: 11th place

Sit-Ups: 11th place

Final Ranking: 10th place

_______________________________________________

"What a first day that was," the purple-haired girl from earlier sighed as class was dismissed.

"I know! Mr. Aizawa is a little scary..." a brown haired girl with big round eyes added.

"I think so too." Naoko smiled as she slid some papers into a folder, placing them in her backpack.

"I was really worried one of us was going to get kicked out! That was too mean!"

"Maybe that's his teaching style?"

"I guess we're in for a tough year. By the way, I'm Jiro Kyoka. I don't think I've introduced myself yet."

"I'm Uraraka Ochako!"

"I'm Ito Naoko, but just call me Naoko," she smiled, "It's nice to meet you both!"

The new trio cheerfully headed out of their classroom, chatting pleasantly as they descended towards the school entrance.

"So what middle school did you go to, Naoko?"

"Oh, I'm actually not from this area," she grinned, "I moved here so I could attend UA."

"Wow, that's cool! Did you live far away?"

"A little. I like it better here, actually," she smiled as they stepped out of the building, soon reaching the school gates. "Oh, I think I'm heading that way," she pointed in the opposite direction of where the other two were headed.

"Ah, right! Well, we'll see you tomorrow then!"

"Bye-bye! It was nice meeting you, Naoko!"

"Bye!" she waved cheerfully before turning to start down the path alone.

The sun shone warmly overhead.

_______________________________________________

"Welcome home, Katsuki. How was your first day of school?" Masaru looked up from the living room table as the ever-frowning boy closed the front door. "Oh, where's Naoko? Didn't you come back together?"

"How am I supposed to know?!"

The older man could only half-smile awkwardly as his son stomped up the stairs and slammed his door shut.