He was about to say something but I shushed him by putting a finger on his lips.

"Daniel, I have something extremely important to talk to you," I said. I knew I was ruining our happy mood but I couldn't ignore the churning inside my heart and stomach happening because I was hiding something from him. He was thinking I had told him everything and I didn't want to keep him in dark.

"About what?" He frowned.

"Uh... Ab...about Claire."

He instantly let go of me and sat upright, frowning. "What about her?"

I let out a deep breath and after sitting straight on the bed I hesitantly told him everything about Claire, like everything. How she asked me to leave him, how she asserted her right on him and how she helped Micheal.

"What? Why didn't you tell me this before?" He gave me a disapproving look. "I could have set her mind straight. How dare she say that you and how dare she push you in danger!" He fumed.

"Hey, hey, calm down." I tried to reach for him as he was now standing away from the bed. He ran his fingers through his hair and came back to sit beside me.

"How can you forgive her so easily? You should have told this to the police." He asked.

"Well, the old me would have dragged her through her hair for doing all this to me but this new me..." I pointed at me. "...is changed one. You changed me. You taught me how to be forgiving. You taught me how to be calm."

I held his hands and looked into his eyes. "I know she did wrong to me but I'm not cruel that I would play with her career. She was regretting and she apologized, that is what matters."

"What if she is fooling you?" He asked, looking at me intently as if trying to read me through my eyes.

I shrugged casually. "Honestly, I don't care anymore. Though I told her to start anew, I'm more careful now and I'll keep my distance from her. Besides, I've decided to take a break from my modeling career that means I would be away from all the people related to work at least for some time. I don't know and do not care what the future beholds, I just want to live now, in the present, with you. I just want peace."

"But she needs to learn a lesson. I will talk to her." He said firmly.

"If I wanted you to talk to her about it, I would have told you about her in the hospital itself."

Sighing, he looked away but I cupped his face and made him look at me. "Listen, Daniel, if our lives are running normal, and calm by ignoring a single matter then there is no need to make a fuss. Make peace with it and move on."

"I see that you've learned to be patient." He smiled genuinely.

"The best teacher in the world taught me." I ruffled his hair. "Promise me you'll act mature and will leave this matter."

"Alright. Only for you" He sighed. "But if she tries to harm you or interfere in our lives again, I won't leave her." He said sternly.

"It won't be needed as if she dares interfere again she'll go through my wrath," I said determinedly.

"That's like my Eloise." He commented, patting my shoulder.

"But Man! I feel like I should get an award right now. I did my job well!" He puffed his chest.

I rolled my eyes at his self praising. "I shouldn't have said that!" I muttered under my breath.

"I gave you fake wings, don't fly to cloud nine. Come back to the ground, will you?"