"What happened?"

"It's not my story to tell, but go to her, I'll take care of them."

I left and started driving to the hotel. It all makes perfect sense now. My mom hating any serious girlfriend I had, Jens mom telling me cryptic messages about paying attention to what's in front of me.

"Leah, how could you be so blind?"  I said out loud before walking to the door and knocking.

Jens POV

I pulled up to hotel and basically ran to my room before more tears could fall. I can't believe they did that to me. Yes it sucked watching her be happy with other people, but at least I had her, now I've probably lost her forever.

I laid in the bed and just cried. I know there's a chance she feels the same but my insecurities are getting the best of me.

I heard a knock on the door, but I didn't get up, I had a feeling it was Leah, but I didn't wanna get up and face her. I really couldn't handle rejection right now.

"Jen open the door." She said through the door. I was right, but I didn't say anything and hoped she thought I wasn't in here.

"Jennifer please!" She begged. She almost never called me Jennifer, so I knew she wanted to say something serious. I really didn't want to ignore her, but I can't deal with this, I'm scared. I was so in my head that I didn't realize she opened the door until she sat next to me on the bed.

Leahs POV

I had a keycard but I knocked because I wanted to her to see if she would open the door. When I didn't get an answer, I used my keycard to open the door. It was really dark in here, except for the bathroom light and the lamp by the bed. I put my stuff down and sat next to her, thinking about my next words.

"I know you probably think that our relationship is messed up or that I don't want you in my life anymore, but that's definitely not true. I love you and I've been in love with you for so long, but I was too scared to tell you. You are literally everything I've always wanted, the only person I think I could spend the rest of my life with." I really hope she believes me, I love her with everything I've got.

She didn't move or react and I was really hoping she was asleep because at least I wouldn't be embarrassed. I let out a sigh and was about to leave but then I felt her grab my hand.

"Really?" she asked, she sat up to look me in the eyes. I was about to respond but she interrupted me.

"Cause I don't want us to start this and you find me annoying, boring, or clingy like all the others and ruin everything we have. I know you aren't like that but-" I cut her off with a kiss, she talks too much.

Jens POV

This isn't the first time we've kissed, but this is the first time I know I won't end up crying after, which made it 10x better.

She pushed me down gently on the bed and got on top of me. I ran my hand through her hear hair, deepening our kiss. We pulled back for air and she gave me 3 quick pecks.

"I love you so much Jen and I plan to show you
how much over and over for as long as you let me." She said looking me directly in the eyes.
"I love you too, LeeLee." we just laid there, cuddling and kissing, before she spoke.

"Can I ask you something?"
"You just did, but sure." I joked.
"What really happened between you and Jackson?" I tensed up, why is she asking about him?
"You know what happened, we just didn't work out, we argued a lot." It wasn't a lie, we did argue a lot but it also wasn't the full story.
"I know there's more than that but I won't pressure you into telling me, I want you to tell me because you're comfortable, not because I pressured you."

If there was one thing I was grateful for with Leah was her patience with me. She never tried to make me talk to her if I wasn't ready, but I think telling her might be good.

"He found out about my feelings for you and used it against me every time he got mad a me, but one day, he did something worse than that. He hit me. Actually, that's putting it lightly, he beat me." I started. I felt Leah grip me tighter but she didn't interrupt me.

"We were having sex one day and instead of saying his name, I said yours; he didn't take that well. Next thing I knew he was hitting me over and over. Not matter how much I screamed and fought, he wouldn't stop. I managed to push him off and call Kim, but then he slammed me into a wall and I passed out. I don't remember much after that, I remember waking up in the hospital with Kim and my mom next to me." I stopped my story when Leah got up and walked into the bathroom. A minute later I heard glass shatter, I'm guessing she punched the mirror. She came back with her hand wrapped in a towel and laid back down.

"Don't worry, I'll pay for it." she told me. She used her other hand and wiped my tears, I didn't even realized I was crying.
"You know you don't have to keep going if it's too much." She said softly.
"It's okay, I can finish."
"You sure?" she asked.
"Positive." she just nodded and waited for me to finish the story.

"When I woke up, I was in so much pain. The left side of my face was fractured, I had a black eye, a broken arm, and my 2 of my ribs were broken. It was the worst pain I'd ever experienced. Kim told me he wasn't there when her and the cops got there. He'd just left me there. I begged Kim and my mom to not say anything, to tell you I'd been in a car accident and that's why I was in the hospital."
"Why didn't you want me know?"

"I-I don't know. I knew that if you knew the truth, and that he had disappeared, you would've found him and killed him or had someone kill him. I didn't want or need the Leah with a killing agenda, that would've cause you to be away from me longer and I needed you, I needed the Leah that was going to be with every step of the way. It might've been selfish, but I didn't care about him, I only cared about you and the fact that you were with me." I told her breaking down. She pulled me on top of her and rubbed my back.

"Baby, it's okay. I'm not upset, I understand why you didn't tell me." She said in my ear. After I calmed down, I remembered her hand was most likely still bleeding from the mirror.

"Come on, let's go and fix that hand." I said taking her hand and going in the bathroom.
"Be careful, there's glass on the floor." she warned sitting on the toilet. I grabbed the first aid kit and stood between her legs bandaging her hand. I gave her hand a small kiss when I finished.

"C'mon, I'm tired and I want cuddles." I mumbled tiredly. We went back in the room and changed our clothes. We turned off the lights, turned on the tv,  and laid down. She had her arms wrapped around me while I laid on her chest.

"I love you Leah."
"I love you too gorgeous, now let's go to sleep."